02-Oct-2009: Serving users in over 100 cities in India
This site serves users from over a hundred cities in India. The way our user base is spread out shows the cosmopolitan nature of Hindi speakers. Several cities in the Southern part of India have a significant number of users.
27-Sep-2009: First week of site transition
In the first week of transition to the new look of Shabdkosh, we got a lot of emails.
A large number of users from India, Australia, UAE, USA and other countries complained about the change in the Hindi input facility. User convenience is top priority for us and so, we have brought the features back! You would now see the two most popular keyboard interfaces
03-Sep-2009: Site Redesign and Community Features
We have just completed re-designing this site. Here are some of the key changes:
- Redesign of the contribution interface
- Forums for help with translations and language learning
- Easier transliteration input for Hindi
- Regularly published Word of the Day column
- New content in the Quote of the Day column
- Better server for faster performance
- Updated member profile interface
Please tell us what you think. Your feedback is always appreciated!