act - Meaning in Hindi
act - Meaning in Hindi
- नाटक का अंग
- नाटक का एक भाग
- नाटक का अंक
act Word Forms & Inflections
Definitions and Meaning of act in English
- something that people do or cause to happen
deed, human action, human activity
- a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- a short performance that is part of a longer program
bit, bit, number, routine, turn
- "he did his act three times every evening"
- "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
- "she had a catchy little routine"
- a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
- a manifestation of insincerity
- "he put on quite an act for her benefit"
- behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
behave, do, do
- "Don't behave like a fool"
- "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
- "What makes her do this way?"
- "You should act like an adult"
- pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind
act as, play
- "He acted the idiot"
- "She plays deaf when the news are bad"
- discharge one's duties
- "In what capacity are you acting?"
- "She acts as the chair"
- play a role or part
- "Gielgud played Hamlet"
- "She played the servant to her husband's master"
- "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"
- perform on a stage or theater
play, playact, roleplay
- "He acted in `Julius Caesar'"
- "I played in `A Christmas Carol'"
- "She acts in this play"
- behave unnaturally or affectedly
- "She's just acting"
- perform an action, or work out or perform (an action)
- "The governor should act on the new energy bill"
- "The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel"
- "think before you act"
- "We must move quickly"
- be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected
- "How does your idea work in practice?"
- "The breaks of my new car act quickly"
- "The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water"
- "The voting process doesn't work as well as people thought"
- "This method doesn't work"
- be suitable for theatrical performance
- "This scene acts well"
Synonyms of act
- deed, human action, human activity
- bit, number, routine, turn
- behave, do
- act as, play
- play, represent
- play, playact, roleplay
- dissemble, pretend
Antonyms of act
More matches for act
|action planning||कार्य योजना|
|actors became||एक्टर बने|
|acted upon||कार्य करना|
|act relating||संबंधित अधिनियम|
|action plan||एक्शन प्लान|
|actual cost||वास्तविक लागत|
|active part||सक्रिय भाग|
Ad-free experience & much more
Improving writing skills
Using plural forms to show respect in Hindi
Active Voice and Passive Voice
Ways to improve your spoken English skills
What is another word for act ?
Words starting with
What is act meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase act refers to something that people do or cause to happen, or a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body, or a short performance that is part of a longer program, or a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet, or a manifestation of insincerity, or behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself. See act meaning in Hindi, act definition, translation and meaning of act in Hindi. Find act similar words, act synonyms. Also learn act opposite words, act antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of act. Find the answer of what is the meaning of act in Hindi. देखें act का हिन्दी मतलब, act का मीनिंग, act का हिन्दी अर्थ, act का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "act"
What is act meaning in Hindi, act translation in Hindi, act definition, pronunciations and examples of act in Hindi. act का हिन्दी मीनिंग, act का हिन्दी अर्थ, act का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.