active - Meaning in Hindi
active - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of active in English
- (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt
- "active volcanos"
- engaged in or ready for military or naval operations
- "on active duty"
- "review the fighting forces"
- "the platoon is combat-ready"
- taking part in an activity
- "an active member of the club"
- "he was politically active"
- "the participating organizations"
- in operation
- "an active tradition"
- "keep hope alive"
- "the tradition was still alive"
- (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissions
- exerting influence or producing a change or effect
- "an active ingredient"
- expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor:
- "Hemingway favors active constructions"
- (used of verbs (e.g. `to run') and participial adjectives (e.g. `running' in `running water')) expressing action rather than a state of being
- (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
- disposed to take action or effectuate change
- "a director who takes an active interest in corporate operations"
- "an active antagonism"
- "he was active in drawing attention to their grievances"
- tending to become more severe or wider in scope
- "active tuberculosis"
- full of activity or engaged in continuous activity
- "an active account"
- "an active bond market"
- "an active seaport"
- engaged in full-time work
- "active duty"
- "though past retirement age he is still active in his profession"
- characterized by energetic activity
- "active as a gazelle"
- "an active man is a man of action"
- "an active toddler"
- a person who is a participating member of an organization
- "the club issues a list of members, both the actives and the retirees"
- chemical agent capable of activity
- the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or causing the happening denoted by the verb
- "`The boy threw the ball' uses the active voice"
Ad-free experience & much more
Types of nouns
Basic conversation skills (for Hindi learners)
Writing complex sentences in English (For beginners)
What is another word for active ?
Sentences with the word active
Words starting with
What is active meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase active refers to (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt, or engaged in or ready for military or naval operations, or taking part in an activity, or in operation, or (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissions, or exerting influence or producing a change or effect, or a person who is a participating member of an organization. See active meaning in Hindi, active definition, translation and meaning of active in Hindi. Find active similar words, active synonyms. Also learn active opposite words, active antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of active. Find the answer of what is the meaning of active in Hindi. देखें active का हिन्दी मतलब, active का मीनिंग, active का हिन्दी अर्थ, active का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "active"
What is active meaning in Hindi, active translation in Hindi, active definition, pronunciations and examples of active in Hindi. active का हिन्दी मीनिंग, active का हिन्दी अर्थ, active का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.