alternate - Meaning in Hindi
alternate Word Forms & Inflections
alternated (verb past tense)
alternating (verb present participle)
alternates (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of alternate in English
- occurring by turns; first one and then the other.
- "alternating feelings of love and hate"
- every second one of a series.
- "jam every other day"
- "the cleaning lady comes on alternate Wednesdays"
- of leaves and branches etc; first on one side and then on the other in two ranks along an axis; not paired.
- "stems with alternate leaves"
- serving or used in place of another.
- "an alternative plan"
- someone who takes the place of another person.
- do something in turns.
- "We take turns on the night shift"
- go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions.
- reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action).
flip-flop, flip, flip, interchange, switch, tack
- be an understudy or alternate for a role.
- exchange people temporarily to fulfill certain jobs and functions.
Synonyms of alternate
Antonyms of alternate
More matches for alternate
Ad-free experience & much more
About alternate in Hindi
See alternate meaning in Hindi, alternate definition, translation and meaning of alternate in Hindi. Find alternate similar words, alternate synonyms. Also learn alternate opposite words, alternate antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of alternate. Find the answer of what is the meaning of alternate in Hindi. देेखें alternate का हिन्दी मतलब, alternate का मीनिंग, alternate का हिन्दी अर्थ, alternate का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "alternate"
What is alternate meaning in Hindi, alternate translation in Hindi, alternate definition, pronunciations and examples of alternate in Hindi. alternate का हिन्दी मीनिंग, alternate का हिन्दी अर्थ, alternate का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.