ape - Meaning in Hindi
ape - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of ape in English
- any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all
कपि, बन-मानुस, बनमानुष, बनमानुस, वन-मानुष, वनमानुष
- person who resembles a nonhuman primate
- someone who copies the words or behavior of another
aper, copycat, emulator, imitator
- represent in or produce a caricature of
- "The drawing caricatured the President"
- imitate uncritically and in every aspect
- "Her little brother apes her behavior"
Apes are a clade of Old World simians native to sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia, which together with its sister group Cercopithecidae form the catarrhine clade, cladistically making them monkeys. Apes do not have tails due to a mutation of the TBXT gene. In traditional and non-scientific use, the term "ape" can include tailless primates taxonomically considered Cercopithecidae, and is thus not equivalent to the scientific taxon Hominoidea. There are two extant branches of the superfamily Hominoidea: the gibbons, or lesser apes; and the hominids, or great apes.
- The family Hylobatidae, the lesser apes, include four genera and a total of 20 species of gibbon, including the lar gibbon and the siamang, all native to Asia. They are highly arboreal and bipedal on the ground. They have lighter bodies and smaller social groups than great apes.
- The family Hominidae (hominids), the great apes, include four genera comprising three extant species of orangutans and their subspecies, two extant species of gorillas and their subspecies, two extant species of panins and their subspecies, and humans in a single extant subspecies.
कपि या एप्स प्राणीजगत में होमिनोइडेया (hominoidea) महापरिवार की सदस्य जानवर जातियों को कहा जाता हैं। इनमे दो मुख्य शाखाएँ हैं -
- हीनकपि - यह छोटे अकार के कपि होते हैं, जैसे की गिबन, सियामंग, वग़ैराह
- वनमानुष- यह बड़े अकार के मानवनुमा कपि होते हैं, जो चार शाखाओं में होते हैं - चिम्पान्ज़ी, बोनोबो, गोरिल्ला, मनुष्य और ओरंगउटान
Ad-free experience & much more
Hindi - Language vs Dialect
Ways to improve your spoken English skills
What is another word for ape ?
Words starting with
What is ape meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase ape refers to any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all, or person who resembles a nonhuman primate, or someone who copies the words or behavior of another, or represent in or produce a caricature of, or imitate uncritically and in every aspect. See ape meaning in Hindi, ape definition, translation and meaning of ape in Hindi. Find ape similar words, ape synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of ape. Find the answer of what is the meaning of ape in Hindi. देखें ape का हिन्दी मतलब, ape का मीनिंग, ape का हिन्दी अर्थ, ape का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "ape"
What is ape meaning in Hindi, ape translation in Hindi, ape definition, pronunciations and examples of ape in Hindi. ape का हिन्दी मीनिंग, ape का हिन्दी अर्थ, ape का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.