arrest - Meaning in Hindi
arrest - Meaning in Hindi
arrest Word Forms & Inflections
arrested (verb past tense)
arresting (verb present participle)
arrests (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of arrest in English
- the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)
apprehension, catch, collar, collar, pinch, taking into custody
गिरफ़्तारी, धर पकड़, धर-पकड़
- "the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
- the state of inactivity following an interruption
check, halt, hitch, stay, stop, stoppage
- "during the halt he got some lunch"
- "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
- "held them in check"
- "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"
- "the negotiations were in arrest"
- hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
check, contain, hold back, stop, turn back
- "Arrest the downward trend"
- "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"
- "Contain the rebel movement"
- "Turn back the tide of communism"
- take into custody
apprehend, collar, collar, cop, cop, cop, nab, nab, nail, pick up
- "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
- attract and fix
- "Catch the attention of the waiter"
- "His look caught her"
- "She caught his eye"
- cause to stop
- "Arrest the progress"
- "Halt the engines"
- "halt the presses"
Synonyms of arrest
- apprehension, catch, collar, pinch, taking into custody
- check, halt, hitch, stay, stop, stoppage
- check, contain, hold back, stop, turn back
- apprehend, collar, cop, nab, nail, pick up
- catch, get
- halt, hold
An arrest is the act of apprehending and taking a person into custody, usually because the person has been suspected of or observed committing a crime. After being taken into custody, the person can be questioned further and/or charged. An arrest is a procedure in a criminal justice system, sometimes it is also done after a court warrant for the arrest.
गिरफ़्तारी किसी व्यक्ति को उसकी अपनी स्वतंत्रता से वंचित करने की प्रक्रिया को बोलते हैं। साधारण तौर पर यह किसी अपराध की छानबीन के लिए, किसी अपराध को घटने से रोकने के लिए या किसी व्यक्ति या व्यक्तियों की हानि होने से रोकने के लिए किया जाता है। मानव अधिकारों की सार्वभौम घोषणा के अनुच्छेद 9 के अनुसार "किसी को भी मनमाने ढंग से गिरफ़्तार, नज़रबंद, या देश-निष्कसित नहीं किया जाएगा।"Also see "Arrest" on Wikipedia
More matches for arrest
Ad-free experience & much more
Board games that help improve your vocabulary
Shakespearean phrases that are used even today
Difference between Voice and Speech in Grammar
Ten most beautiful words in English
What is another word for arrest ?
Sentences with the word arrest
Words starting with
What is arrest meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase arrest refers to the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal), or the state of inactivity following an interruption, or hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of, or take into custody, or attract and fix, or cause to stop. See arrest meaning in Hindi, arrest definition, translation and meaning of arrest in Hindi. Find arrest similar words, arrest synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of arrest. Find the answer of what is the meaning of arrest in Hindi. देखें arrest का हिन्दी मतलब, arrest का मीनिंग, arrest का हिन्दी अर्थ, arrest का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "arrest"
What is arrest meaning in Hindi, arrest translation in Hindi, arrest definition, pronunciations and examples of arrest in Hindi. arrest का हिन्दी मीनिंग, arrest का हिन्दी अर्थ, arrest का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.