assumption - Meaning in Hindi
assumption Word Forms & Inflections
Definitions and Meaning of assumption in English
- (Christianity) the taking up of the body and soul of the Virgin Mary when her earthly life had ended.
- celebration in the Roman Catholic Church of the Virgin Mary's being taken up into heaven when her earthly life ended; corresponds to the Dormition in the Eastern Orthodox Church.
Assumption of Mary, Assumption, Assumption, August 15
- the act of taking possession of or power over something.
- "he acquired all the company's assets for ten million dollars and the assumption of the company's debts"
- "his assumption of office coincided with the trouble in Cuba"
- "the Nazi assumption of power in 1934"
- the act of assuming or taking for granted.
- "your assumption that I would agree was unwarranted"
- audacious (even arrogant) behavior that you have no right to.
effrontery, presumption, presumptuousness
- "he despised them for their presumptuousness"
- a hypothesis that is taken for granted.
- "any society is built upon certain assumptions"
- a statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn.
- "on the assumption that he has been injured we can infer that he will not play"
Synonyms of assumption
More matches for assumption
Ad-free experience & much more
About assumption in Hindi
See assumption meaning in Hindi, assumption definition, translation and meaning of assumption in Hindi. Find assumption similar words, assumption synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of assumption. Find the answer of what is the meaning of assumption in Hindi. देेखें assumption का हिन्दी मतलब, assumption का मीनिंग, assumption का हिन्दी अर्थ, assumption का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "assumption"
What is assumption meaning in Hindi, assumption translation in Hindi, assumption definition, pronunciations and examples of assumption in Hindi. assumption का हिन्दी मीनिंग, assumption का हिन्दी अर्थ, assumption का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.