black - Meaning in Hindi
black - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of black in English
- being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness; having little or no hue owing to absorption of almost all incident light
- "as black as coal"
- "black leather jackets"
- "rich black soil"
- harshly ironic or sinister
grim, grim, mordant
- "a grim joke"
- "black humor"
- "fun ranging from slapstick clowning ... to savage mordant wit"
- "grim laughter"
- (of intelligence operations) deliberately misleading
- "black propaganda"
- distributed or sold illicitly
black-market, bootleg, contraband, smuggled
- "the black economy pays no taxes"
- offering little or no hope
bleak, dim, dim
- "Life in the Aran Islands has always been bleak and difficult"
- "prospects were bleak"
- "the future looked black"
- "took a dim view of things"
- (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame
disgraceful, ignominious, inglorious, opprobrious, shameful
- "a shameful display of cowardice"
- "an ignominious retreat"
- "an opprobrious monument to human greed"
- "inglorious defeat"
- "Man...has written one of his blackest records as a destroyer on the oceanic islands"
- stemming from evil characteristics or forces; wicked or dishonorable
- "a black lie"
- "a dark purpose"
- "black deeds"
- "dark undercurrents of ethnic hostility"
- "Darth Vader of the dark side"
- "his black heart has concocted yet another black deed"
- "the scheme of some sinister intelligence bent on punishing him"
- (of events) having extremely unfortunate or dire consequences; bringing ruin
calamitous, disastrous, fatal, fateful
- "a calamitous defeat"
- "a fateful error"
- "it is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it"
- "such doctrines, if true, would be absolutely fatal to my theory"
- "the battle was a disastrous end to a disastrous campaign"
- "the stock market crashed on Black Friday"
- (of coffee) without cream or sugar
- soiled with dirt or soot
- "his shirt was black within an hour"
- "with feet black from playing outdoors"
- (of the face) made black especially as with suffused blood
- "a face black with fury"
- extremely dark
- "a black moonless night"
- "it was pitch-dark in the cellar"
- "through the pitch-black woods"
- of or belonging to a racial group especially of sub-Saharan African origin
- "a great people--a black people--...injected new meaning and dignity into the veins of civilization"
- marked by anger or resentment or hostility
- "black looks"
- "black words"
- British chemist who identified carbon dioxide and who formulated the concepts of specific heat and latent heat (1728-1799)
Black, Black, Joseph Black
- popular child actress of the 1930's (born in 1928)
Black, Black, Shirley Temple Black, Shirley Temple
- a person with African ancestry,
African-American, African-American, African-American, Black, Black, Negro, Negro, Negroid, Negroid
- black clothing (worn as a sign of mourning)
- "the widow wore black"
- total absence of light
blackness, lightlessness, pitch blackness, total darkness
- "in the black of night"
- "they fumbled around in total darkness"
- the quality or state of the achromatic color of least lightness (bearing the least resemblance to white)
- (board games) the darker pieces
- make or become black
blacken, melanise, melanize
- "The ceiling blackened"
- "The smoke blackened the ceiling"
Ad-free experience & much more
Learn to pronounce these difficult words in English
Board games that help improve your vocabulary
Types of sentences
What is another word for black ?
Words starting with
What is black meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase black refers to being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness; having little or no hue owing to absorption of almost all incident light, or harshly ironic or sinister, or (of intelligence operations) deliberately misleading, or distributed or sold illicitly, or offering little or no hope, or (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame, or British chemist who identified carbon dioxide and who formulated the concepts of specific heat and latent heat (1728-1799), or black clothing (worn as a sign of mourning), or make or become black. See black meaning in Hindi, black definition, translation and meaning of black in Hindi. Find black similar words, black synonyms. Also learn black opposite words, black antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of black. Find the answer of what is the meaning of black in Hindi. देखें black का हिन्दी मतलब, black का मीनिंग, black का हिन्दी अर्थ, black का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "black"
What is black meaning in Hindi, black translation in Hindi, black definition, pronunciations and examples of black in Hindi. black का हिन्दी मीनिंग, black का हिन्दी अर्थ, black का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.