block - Meaning in Hindi
- छोटा भवन समूह+1
- भवन समूह+1
- कठोर व्यक्ति+1
- बड़ी राशि(fem)
- छपाई का ब्लाक
- फांसी देने का तख्ता
- घरों की पंक्ति
block Word Forms & Inflections
blocked (verb past tense)
blocking (verb present participle)
blocks (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of block in English
- a platform from which an auctioneer sells
- "they put their paintings on the block"
- the act of obstructing or deflecting someone's movements
- a three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides
- (computer science) a sector or group of sectors that function as the smallest data unit permitted
- "since blocks are often defined as a single sector, the terms `block' and `sector' are sometimes used interchangeably"
- a rectangular area in a city surrounded by streets and usually containing several buildings
- "he lives in the next block"
- a number or quantity of related things dealt with as a unit
- "he held a large block of the company's stock"
- "he reserved a large block of seats"
- an inability to remember or think of something you normally can do; often caused by emotional tension
- "I knew his name perfectly well but I had a temporary block"
- a simple machine consisting of a wheel with a groove in which a rope can run to change the direction or point of application of a force applied to the rope
pulley block, pulley-block, pulley
- a metal casting containing the cylinders and cooling ducts of an engine
cylinder block, engine block
- "the engine had to be replaced because the block was cracked"
- an obstruction in a pipe or tube
blockage, closure, occlusion, stop, stoppage
- "we had to call a plumber to clear out the blockage in the drainpipe"
- housing in a large building that is divided into separate units
- "there is a block of classrooms in the west wing"
- a solid piece of something (usually having flat rectangular sides)
- "the pyramids were built with large stone blocks"
- stop from happening or developing
halt, kibosh, stop
- "Block his election"
- "Halt the process"
- hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of
blockade, embarrass, hinder, obstruct, stymie, stymy
- "His brother blocked him at every turn"
- run on a block system
- "block trains"
- interrupt the normal function of by means of anesthesia
- "block a muscle"
- "block a nerve"
- shut out from view or get in the way so as to hide from sight
- "The thick curtain blocked the action on the stage"
- "The trees obstruct my view of the mountains"
- stamp or emboss a title or design on a book with a block
- "block the book cover"
choke up, lug, lug, lug, stuff
- "Her arteries are blocked"
- "My nose is all stuffed"
- render unsuitable for passage
bar, bar, bar, bar, barricade, block off, block up, blockade, stop
- "barricade the streets"
- "block the way"
- "stop the busy road"
- block passage through
close up, impede, jam, jam, obstruct, obturate, occlude
- "obstruct the path"
- support, secure, or raise with a block
- "block a plate for printing"
- "block the wheels of a car"
- impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball)
deflect, parry, parry
- "block an attack"
- interfere with or prevent the reception of signals
- "block the signals emitted by this station"
- "Jam the Voice of America"
- be unable to remember
blank out, draw a blank, forget
- "I'm drawing a blank"
- "You are blocking the name of your first wife!"
- shape by using a block
- "block a garment"
- "Block a hat"
- shape into a block or blocks
- "block the graphs so one can see the results clearly"
- prohibit the conversion or use of (assets)
freeze, immobilise, immobilize
- "Blocked funds"
- "Freeze the assets of this hostile government"
Synonyms of block
- auction block
- blockage, closure, occlusion, stop, stoppage
- cylinder block, engine block
- pulley, pulley block, pulley-block
- mental block
- city block
- freeze, immobilise, immobilize
- blank out, draw a blank, forget
- deflect, parry
- close up, impede, jam, obstruct, obturate, occlude
- bar, barricade, block off, block up, blockade, stop
- choke up, lug, stuff
- blockade, embarrass, hinder, obstruct, stymie, stymy
- halt, kibosh, stop
Antonyms of block
More matches for block
|blockbuster||बहुत सफल चलचित्र|
|block grant||ब्लॉक अनुदान|
|block diagram||ब्लॉक आरेख|
|block design||ब्लॉक डिजाइन|
|block size||ब्लॉक आकार|
|block group||ब्लॉक समूह|
|block system||ब्लॉक प्रणाली|
|block house||ब्लॉक हाउस|
|block level||ब्लॉक स्तर|
|block area||ब्लॉक क्षेत्र|
Words starting with
What is block meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase block refers to a platform from which an auctioneer sells, or the act of obstructing or deflecting someone's movements, or a three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides, or (computer science) a sector or group of sectors that function as the smallest data unit permitted, or a rectangular area in a city surrounded by streets and usually containing several buildings, or a number or quantity of related things dealt with as a unit, or stop from happening or developing. See block meaning in Hindi, block definition, translation and meaning of block in Hindi. Find block similar words, block synonyms. Also learn block opposite words, block antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of block. Find the answer of what is the meaning of block in Hindi. देखें block का हिन्दी मतलब, block का मीनिंग, block का हिन्दी अर्थ, block का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "block"
What is block meaning in Hindi, block translation in Hindi, block definition, pronunciations and examples of block in Hindi. block का हिन्दी मीनिंग, block का हिन्दी अर्थ, block का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more