blue - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of blue in English
- causing dejection
dark, dingy, disconsolate, dismal, drab, drear, dreary, gloomy, grim, grim, sorry
- "a blue day"
- "a dark gloomy day"
- "a disconsolate winter landscape"
- "a week of rainy depressing weather"
- "grim rainy weather"
- "the dark days of the war"
- "the first dismal dispiriting days of November"
- of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky
- "a blue flame"
- "blue haze of tobacco smoke"
- "October's bright blue weather"
- characterized by profanity or cursing
- "blue language"
- "foul-mouthed and blasphemous"
- "profane words"
- filled with melancholy and despondency
depressed, dispirited, down in the mouth, down, down, downcast, downhearted, gloomy, grim, grim, low-spirited, low, low
- "a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"
- "a gloomy silence"
- "depressed by the loss of his job"
- "downcast after his defeat"
- "feeling discouraged and downhearted"
- "gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"
- "gloomy predictions"
- "lonely and blue in a strange city"
- "the darkening mood"
- "took a grim view of the economy"
- morally rigorous and strict
- "blue laws"
- "puritanic distaste for alcohol"
- "she was anything but puritanical in her behavior"
- belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy
aristocratic, aristocratical, blue-blooded, gentle, patrician, patrician
- "a blue family"
- "an aristocratic family"
- "aristocratic bearing"
- "aristocratic Bostonians"
- "aristocratic features"
- "aristocratic government"
- "blue blood"
- "of gentle blood"
- "patrician landholders of the American South"
- "patrician tastes"
- "the blue-blooded aristocracy"
- used to signify the Union forces in the American Civil War (who wore blue uniforms)
- "a ragged blue line"
- suggestive of sexual impropriety
gamey, gamy, juicy, naughty, racy, risque, spicy
- "a blue movie"
- "a juicy scandal"
- "a naughty wink"
- "a risque story"
- "blue jokes"
- "he skips asterisks and gives you the gamy details"
- "naughty words"
- "racy anecdotes"
- "spicy gossip"
- any of numerous small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
- the sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate; used as a sedative and a hypnotic
Amytal, Amytal, amobarbital sodium, blue angel, blue devil
- blue clothing
- "she was wearing blue"
- blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime
- "he had eyes of bright blue"
- any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are blue
- "the Union army was a vast blue"
- the sky as viewed during daylight
blue air, blue sky, wild blue yonder
- "he shot an arrow into the blue"
- used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge
- turn blue
Blue is one of the three primary colours in the RYB colour model, as well as in the RGB (additive) colour model. It lies between violet and cyan on the spectrum of visible light. The eye perceives blue when observing light with a dominant wavelength between approximately 450 and 495 nanometres. Most blues contain a slight mixture of other colours; azure contains some green, while ultramarine contains some violet. The clear daytime sky and the deep sea appear blue because of an optical effect known as Rayleigh scattering. An optical effect called Tyndall effect explains blue eyes. Distant objects appear more blue because of another optical effect called aerial perspective.
नीला रंग वह है, जिसे प्रकाश के प्रत्यक्ष वर्णक्रम की 440–490 nm की तरंगदैर्घ्य द्वारा दृश्य किया जाता है। यह एक संयोजी प्राथमिक रंग है। यदि HSL एवं HSV वर्ण चक्र पर देखें तो इसका सम्पूरक रंग पीला है,। परंपरागत वर्णचक्र पर इसका सम्पूरक रंग है नारंगी।Also see "Blue" on Wikipedia
Ad-free experience & much more
Words starting with
What is blue meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase blue refers to causing dejection, or of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky, or characterized by profanity or cursing, or filled with melancholy and despondency, or morally rigorous and strict, or belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy, or any of numerous small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae, or turn blue. See blue meaning in Hindi, blue definition, translation and meaning of blue in Hindi. Find blue similar words, blue synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of blue. Find the answer of what is the meaning of blue in Hindi. देखें blue का हिन्दी मतलब, blue का मीनिंग, blue का हिन्दी अर्थ, blue का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "blue"
What is blue meaning in Hindi, blue translation in Hindi, blue definition, pronunciations and examples of blue in Hindi. blue का हिन्दी मीनिंग, blue का हिन्दी अर्थ, blue का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.