catch - Meaning in Hindi
catch - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of catch in English
- the act of catching an object with the hands
grab, snap, snap, snatch
- "he made a grab for the ball before it landed"
- "Martin's snatch at the bridle failed and the horse raced away"
- "Mays made the catch with his back to the plate"
- "the infielder's snap and throw was a single motion"
- the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)
apprehension, arrest, collar, collar, pinch, taking into custody
- "the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
- the quantity that was caught
- "the catch was only 10 fish"
- a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect
- anything that is caught (especially if it is worth catching)
- "he shared his catch with the others"
- a break or check in the voice (usually a sign of strong emotion)
- a drawback or difficulty that is not readily evident
- "it sounds good but what's the catch?"
- a restraint that checks the motion of something
- "he used a book as a stop to hold the door open"
- a fastener that fastens or locks a door or window
- a cooperative game in which a ball is passed back and forth
- "he played catch with his son in the backyard"
- capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping
- "I caught a rabbit in the trap today"
- start burning
- "The fire caught"
- take in and retain
- "We have a big barrel to catch the rainwater"
- attract and fix
- "Catch the attention of the waiter"
- "His look caught her"
- "She caught his eye"
- apprehend and reproduce accurately
- "She got the mood just right in her photographs"
- "She really caught the spirit of the place in her drawings"
- attract; cause to be enamored
becharm, beguile, bewitch, captivate, capture, charm, enamor, enamour, enchant, entrance, fascinate, trance
- "She captured all the men's hearts"
- reach in time
- "I have to catch a train at 7 o'clock"
- suffer from the receipt of
- "She will catch hell for this behavior!"
- perceive with the senses quickly, suddenly, or momentarily
- "Catch a glimpse"
- "ears open to catch every sound"
- "He caught the allusion in her glance"
- "I caught the aroma of coffee"
- "The dog picked up the scent"
- see or watch
see, see, take in, view, view, watch, watch
- "Catch a show on Broadway"
- "see a movie"
- "This program will be seen all over the world"
- "view a show on television"
- "view an exhibition"
- hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers
overhear, take in
- "We overheard the conversation at the next table"
- perceive by hearing
- "I didn't catch your name"
- "She didn't get his name when they met the first time"
- get or regain something necessary, usually quickly or briefly
- "catch one's breath"
- "Catch some sleep"
- check oneself during an action
- "She managed to catch herself before telling her boss what was on her mind"
- take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of
grab, take hold of
- "Catch the ball!"
- "Grab the elevator door!"
- reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot
- "The blow got him in the back"
- "The punch caught him in the stomach"
- "the rock caught her in the back of the head"
- spread or be communicated
- "The fashion did not catch"
- cause to become accidentally or suddenly caught, ensnared, or entangled
- "I caught the hem of my dress in the brambles"
- to hook or entangle
- "One foot caught in the stirrup"
- succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase
- "Did you catch the thief?"
- "We finally got the suspect"
- catch up with and possibly overtake
catch up with, overtake
- "The Rolls Royce caught us near the exit ramp"
- be the catcher
- "Who is catching?"
- become aware of
- "he caught her staring out the window"
- discover or come upon accidentally, suddenly, or unexpectedly; catch somebody doing something or in a certain state
- "She caught her son eating candy"
- "She was caught shoplifting"
- detect a blunder or misstep
- "The reporter tripped up the senator"
- grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of
- "did you catch that allusion?"
- "did you get it?"
- "don't catch your meaning"
- "I just don't get him"
- "She didn't get the joke"
- "We caught something of his theory in the lecture"
- be struck or affected by
- "catch fire"
- "catch the mood"
- delay or hold up; prevent from proceeding on schedule or as planned
- "I was caught in traffic and missed the meeting"
- "did you catch a cold?"
Ad-free experience & much more
Homophones vs Homographs vs Homonyms
Basic rules of grammar
Types of sentences
What is another word for catch ?
Words starting with
What is catch meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase catch refers to the act of catching an object with the hands, or the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal), or the quantity that was caught, or a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect, or anything that is caught (especially if it is worth catching), or a break or check in the voice (usually a sign of strong emotion), or capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping. See catch meaning in Hindi, catch definition, translation and meaning of catch in Hindi. Find catch similar words, catch synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of catch. Find the answer of what is the meaning of catch in Hindi. देखें catch का हिन्दी मतलब, catch का मीनिंग, catch का हिन्दी अर्थ, catch का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "catch"
What is catch meaning in Hindi, catch translation in Hindi, catch definition, pronunciations and examples of catch in Hindi. catch का हिन्दी मीनिंग, catch का हिन्दी अर्थ, catch का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.