chains - Meaning in Hindi
chain - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of chain in English
- British biochemist (born in Germany) who isolated and purified penicillin, which had been discovered in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming (1906-1979)
Chain, Chain, Ernst Boris Chain, Sir Ernst Boris Chain
- a series of (usually metal) rings or links fitted into one another to make a flexible ligament
- a necklace made by stringing objects together
strand, strand, string
- "a strand of pearls"
- "a string of beads"
- anything that acts as a restraint
- a linked or connected series of objects
- "a chain of daisies"
- (business) a number of similar establishments (stores or restaurants or banks or hotels or theaters) under one ownership
- a series of things depending on each other as if linked together
- "a complicated concatenation of circumstances"
- "the chain of command"
- (chemistry) a series of linked atoms (generally in an organic molecule)
- a series of hills or mountains
chain of mountains, mountain chain, mountain range, range of mountains, range, range
- "the plains lay just beyond the mountain range"
- "the valley was between two ranges of hills"
- a unit of length
- fasten or secure with chains
- "Chain the chairs together"
- connect or arrange into a chain by linking
A chain is a serial assembly of connected pieces, called links, typically made of metal, with an overall character similar to that of a rope in that it is flexible and curved in compression but linear, rigid, and load-bearing in tension. A chain may consist of two or more links. Chains can be classified by their design, which can be dictated by their use:
- Those designed for lifting, such as when used with a hoist; for pulling; or for securing, such as with a bicycle lock, have links that are torus shaped, which make the chain flexible in two dimensions. Small chains serving as jewellery are a mostly decorative analogue of such types.
- Those designed for transferring power in machines have links designed to mesh with the teeth of the sprockets of the machine, and are flexible in only one dimension. They are known as roller chains, though there are also non-roller chains such as block chains.
Ad-free experience & much more
Direct and Indirect speech
Basic conversation skills (for Hindi learners)
Homophones vs Homographs vs Homonyms
Tips of essay writing for children
What is another word for chains ?
Sentences with the word chains
Words starting with
What is chains meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase chains refers to British biochemist (born in Germany) who isolated and purified penicillin, which had been discovered in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming (1906-1979), or a series of (usually metal) rings or links fitted into one another to make a flexible ligament, or a necklace made by stringing objects together, or anything that acts as a restraint, or a linked or connected series of objects, or (business) a number of similar establishments (stores or restaurants or banks or hotels or theaters) under one ownership, or fasten or secure with chains. See chains meaning in Hindi, chains definition, translation and meaning of chains in Hindi. Find chains similar words, chains synonyms. Also learn chains opposite words, chains antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of chains. Find the answer of what is the meaning of chains in Hindi. देखें chains का हिन्दी मतलब, chains का मीनिंग, chains का हिन्दी अर्थ, chains का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "chains"
What is chains meaning in Hindi, chains translation in Hindi, chains definition, pronunciations and examples of chains in Hindi. chains का हिन्दी मीनिंग, chains का हिन्दी अर्थ, chains का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.