check - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of check in English
- (chess) a direct attack on an opponent's king
- the act of inspecting or verifying
check-out procedure, checkout
- "the pilot ran through the check-out procedure"
- "they made a check of their equipment"
- the state of inactivity following an interruption
arrest, halt, hitch, stay, stop, stoppage
- "during the halt he got some lunch"
- "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
- "held them in check"
- "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"
- "the negotiations were in arrest"
- a written order directing a bank to pay money
bank check, cheque
- "he paid all his bills by check"
- a mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.
check mark, tick
- "as he called the role he put a check mark by each student's name"
- the bill in a restaurant
chit, tab, tab, tab
- "he asked the waiter for the check"
- additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct
confirmation, substantiation, verification
- "fossils provided further confirmation of the evolutionary theory"
- something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
balk, baulk, deterrent, handicap, hinderance, hindrance, impediment
- a mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something
- a textile pattern of squares or crossed lines (resembling a checkerboard)
- "she wore a skirt with checks"
- the act of restraining power or action or limiting excess
bridle, curb, curb
- "his common sense is a bridle to his quick temper"
- obstructing an opponent in ice hockey
- an appraisal of the state of affairs
- "a check on its dependability under stress"
- "they made an assay of the contents"
- mark into squares or draw squares on; draw crossed lines on
checker, checker, chequer
- stop for a moment, as if out of uncertainty or caution
- "She checked for an instant and missed a step"
- stop in a chase especially when scent is lost
- "The dog checked"
- abandon the intended prey, turn, and pursue an inferior prey
- hand over something to somebody as for temporary safekeeping
- "Check your coat at the door"
- consign for shipment on a vehicle
- "check your luggage before boarding"
- lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits
contain, control, curb, curb, hold in, hold, moderate
- "control your anger"
- "hold your temper"
- "hold your tongue"
- "moderate your alcohol intake"
- make an examination or investigation
- "check into the rumor"
- "check the time of the class"
- develop (a child's or animal's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control
condition, discipline, train, train
- "Is this dog trained?"
- "Parents must discipline their children"
- block or impede (a player from the opposing team) in ice hockey
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
agree, correspond, fit, fit, gibe, gibe, jibe, match, tally, tally
- "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"
- "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
- "The two stories don't agree in many details"
- be verified or confirmed; pass inspection
- "These stories don't check!"
- decline to initiate betting
- hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
arrest, contain, hold back, stop, turn back
- "Arrest the downward trend"
- "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"
- "Contain the rebel movement"
- "Turn back the tide of communism"
- place into check
- "He checked my kings"
- write out a check on a bank account
- find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort
ascertain, determine, find out, learn, see, see, watch, watch
- "Check whether the train leaves on time"
- "find out if he speaks Russian"
- "I want to see whether she speaks French"
- "See whether it works"
- verify by consulting a source or authority
- "check the spelling of this word"
- "check your facts"
- be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something
ascertain, assure, control, ensure, ensure, insure, see to it, see, see
- "control the quality of the product"
- "He verified that the valves were closed"
- "See that the curtains are closed"
- put a check mark on or near or next to
check off, mark off, mark, mark, tick off, tick
- "mark off the units"
- "Please check each name on the list"
- "tick off the items"
- examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition
check into, check out, check over, check up on, go over, look into, suss out
- "Check out the engine"
- "check the brakes"
- slow the growth or development of
- "The brain damage will retard the child's language development"
- arrest the motion (of something) abruptly
- "He checked the flow of water by shutting off the main valve"
- make cracks or chinks in
- "The heat checked the paint"
- become fractured; break or crack on the surface only
- "The glass cracked when it was heated"
Words starting with
What is check meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase check refers to (chess) a direct attack on an opponent's king, or the act of inspecting or verifying, or the state of inactivity following an interruption, or a written order directing a bank to pay money, or a mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc., or the bill in a restaurant, or mark into squares or draw squares on; draw crossed lines on. See check meaning in Hindi, check definition, translation and meaning of check in Hindi. Find check similar words, check synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of check. Find the answer of what is the meaning of check in Hindi. देखें check का हिन्दी मतलब, check का मीनिंग, check का हिन्दी अर्थ, check का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "check"
What is check meaning in Hindi, check translation in Hindi, check definition, pronunciations and examples of check in Hindi. check का हिन्दी मीनिंग, check का हिन्दी अर्थ, check का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more