comforted - Meaning in Hindi
comfort Word Forms & Inflectionscomforts (noun plural)
comforted (verb past tense)
comforting (verb present participle)
comforts (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of comfort in English
- assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal
- "it gave comfort to the enemy"
- the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction
- "his presence was a consolation to her"
- bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
comforter, comforter, puff, puff, quilt
- a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment
- satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing
- "a padded chair was one of the room's few comforts"
- "his friendship was a comfort"
- a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain
- "he is a man who enjoys his comfort"
- "she longed for the comfortableness of her armchair"
- a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state
- "a life of luxury and ease"
- "he had all the material comforts of this world"
- lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate
- "ease the pain in your legs"
- give moral or emotional strength to
console, solace, soothe
Synonyms of comfort
Antonyms of comfort
Comfort is a sense of physical or psychological ease, often characterised as a lack of hardship. Persons who are lacking in comfort are uncomfortable, or experiencing discomfort. A degree of psychological comfort can be achieved by recreating experiences that are associated with pleasant memories, such as engaging in familiar activities, maintaining the presence of familiar objects, and consumption of comfort foods. Comfort is a particular concern in health care, as providing comfort to the sick and injured is one goal of healthcare, and can facilitate recovery. Persons who are surrounded with things that provide psychological comfort may be described as being "in their comfort zone". Because of the personal nature of positive associations, psychological comfort is highly subjective.Also see "Comfort" on Wikipedia
More matches for comfort
Words starting with
What is comforted meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase comforted refers to assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal, or the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction, or bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together, or a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment, or satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing, or a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain, or lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate. See comforted meaning in Hindi, comforted definition, translation and meaning of comforted in Hindi. Find comforted similar words, comforted synonyms. Also learn comforted opposite words, comforted antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of comforted. Find the answer of what is the meaning of comforted in Hindi. देखें comforted का हिन्दी मतलब, comforted का मीनिंग, comforted का हिन्दी अर्थ, comforted का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "comforted"
What is comforted meaning in Hindi, comforted translation in Hindi, comforted definition, pronunciations and examples of comforted in Hindi. comforted का हिन्दी मीनिंग, comforted का हिन्दी अर्थ, comforted का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.