continue - Meaning in Hindi
continue Word Forms & Inflections
Definitions and Meaning of continue in English
- exist over a prolonged period of time
- "The bad weather continued for two more weeks"
- continue talking
carry on, go on, proceed
- "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
- "`I know it's hard', he continued, `but there is no choice'"
- move ahead; travel onward in time or space
go forward, proceed
- "She continued in the direction of the hills"
- "We are moving ahead in time now"
- "We proceeded towards Washington"
- allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature
keep on, keep, retain
- "Our grant has run out and we cannot keep you on"
- "She retained her composure"
- "She retains a lawyer"
- "The family's fortune waned and they could not keep their household staff"
- "this garment retains its shape even after many washings"
- "We cannot continue several servants any longer"
- "We kept the work going as long as we could"
- keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last
bear on, carry on, preserve, uphold
- "Carry on the old traditions"
- "continue the family tradition"
- "preserve the peace in the family"
- continue a certain state, condition, or activity
go along, go on, keep, proceed
- "Keep on working!"
- "Keep smiling"
- "We continued to work into the night"
- "We went on working until well past midnight"
- span an interval of distance, space or time
- "My land extends over the hills on the horizon"
- "The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles"
- "The period covered the turn of the century"
- "The war extended over five years"
- "This farm covers some 200 acres"
- continue in a place, position, or situation
remain, stay on, stay
- "After graduation, she stayed on in Cambridge as a student adviser"
- "despite student protests, he remained Dean for another year"
- "She continued as deputy mayor for another year"
- "Stay with me, please"
- continue after an interruption
- "The demonstration continued after a break for lunch"
- do something repeatedly and showing no intention to stop
- "The landlord persists in asking us to move"
- "We continued our research into the cause of the illness"
Synonyms of continue
- carry on, go on, proceed
- go forward, proceed
- keep, keep on, retain
- bear on, carry on, preserve, uphold
- go along, go on, keep, proceed
- cover, extend
- remain, stay, stay on
- persist in
Antonyms of continue
More matches for continue
Words starting with
What is continue meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase continue refers to exist over a prolonged period of time, or continue talking, or move ahead; travel onward in time or space, or allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature, or keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last, or continue a certain state, condition, or activity. See continue meaning in Hindi, continue definition, translation and meaning of continue in Hindi. Find continue similar words, continue synonyms. Also learn continue opposite words, continue antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of continue. Find the answer of what is the meaning of continue in Hindi. देखें continue का हिन्दी मतलब, continue का मीनिंग, continue का हिन्दी अर्थ, continue का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "continue"
What is continue meaning in Hindi, continue translation in Hindi, continue definition, pronunciations and examples of continue in Hindi. continue का हिन्दी मीनिंग, continue का हिन्दी अर्थ, continue का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more