cut - Meaning in Hindi
- कम करना
- अलग करना
- छोटा करना
- बंद करना
- पार करना
- विभाजित करना
- संक्षिप्त करना
- विभाग करना
- छोड़ देना
- कटौती करना
- हमला करना
- आकार देना
- द्विभाजित करना
- ठेस पहुंचाना
- चोट पहुँचाना
- पहचानने से इन्कार कर देना
- घाव करना
- लंबे बाल काटना
- काटकर गिरा देना
cut Word Forms & Inflections
cutest (adjective superlative)
cuts (noun plural)
cut (verb past tense)
cutting (verb present participle)
cuts (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of cut in English
- made neat and tidy by trimming
- "his neatly trimmed hair"
- (of a male animal) having the testicles removed
- "a cut horse"
- (used of grass or vegetation) cut down with a hand implement or machine
- "the smell of newly mown hay"
- (used of rates or prices) reduced usually sharply
- "the slashed prices attracted buyers"
- mixed with water
- "a cup of thinned soup"
- "sold cut whiskey"
- fashioned or shaped by cutting
- "a well-cut suit"
- "cut diamonds"
- "cut velvet"
- (of pages of a book) having the folds of the leaves trimmed or slit
- "the cut pages of the book"
- separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument
- "bandages on her cut wrists"
- "blood from his cut forehead"
- "cut tobacco"
- "the cut surface was mottled"
- with parts removed
- "the drastically cut film"
- the act of reducing the amount or number
- "the mayor proposed extensive cuts in the city budget"
- a step on some scale
- "he is a cut above the rest"
- a wound made by cutting
gash, slash, slice
- "he put a bandage over the cut"
- a share of the profits
- "everyone got a cut of the earnings"
- a piece of meat that has been cut from an animal carcass
cut of meat
- a remark capable of wounding mentally
- "the unkindest cut of all"
- a distinct selection of music from a recording or a compact disc
- "he played the first cut on the cd"
- "the title track of the album"
- an unexcused absence from class
- "he was punished for taking too many cuts in his math class"
- the act of shortening something by chopping off the ends
cutting off, cutting
- "the barber gave him a good cut"
- the act of cutting something into parts
- "his cuts were skillful"
- "his cutting of the cake made a terrible mess"
- the act of penetrating or opening open with a sharp edge
- "his cut in the lining revealed the hidden jewels"
- the division of a deck of cards before dealing
- "he insisted that we give him the last cut before every deal"
- "the cutting of the cards soon became a ritual"
- (sports) a stroke that puts reverse spin on the ball
- "cuts do not bother a good tennis player"
- in baseball; a batter's attempt to hit a pitched ball
baseball swing, swing, swing
- "he took a vicious cut at the ball"
- a refusal to recognize someone you know
cold shoulder, snub
- "the snub was clearly intentional"
- a trench resembling a furrow that was made by erosion or excavation
- (film) an immediate transition from one shot to the next
- "the cut from the accident scene to the hospital seemed too abrupt"
- the omission that is made when an editorial change shortens a written passage
- "an editor's deletions frequently upset young authors"
- "both parties agreed on the excision of the proposed clause"
- the style in which a garment is cut
- "a dress of traditional cut"
- a canal made by erosion or excavation
- create by duplicating data
- "burn a CD"
- "cut a disk"
- form by probing, penetrating, or digging
- "cut a hole"
- "cut trenches"
- "The sweat cut little rivulets into her face"
- record a performance on (a medium)
- "cut a record"
- make a recording of
- "cut the songs"
- "She cut all of her major titles again"
- stop filming
- "cut a movie scene"
- make an abrupt change of image or sound
- "cut from one scene to another"
- pass through or across
- "The boat cut the water"
- pass directly and often in haste
- "We cut through the neighbor's yard to get home sooner"
- turn sharply; change direction abruptly
curve, sheer, slew, slue, swerve, trend, veer
- "The car cut to the left at the intersection"
- "The motorbike veered to the right"
- move (one's fist)
- "his opponent cut upward toward his chin"
- give the appearance or impression of
- "cut a nice figure"
- discharge from a group
- "The coach cut two players from the team"
- be able to manage or manage successfully
- "I can't hack it anymore"
- "she could not cut the long days in the office"
- intentionally fail to attend
- "cut class"
- lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture
dilute, reduce, thin out, thin, thin
- "cut bourbon"
- cut and assemble the components of
edit out, edit
- "cut recording tape"
- "edit film"
- have grow through the gums
- "The baby cut a tooth"
- grow through the gums
- "The new tooth is cutting"
- cut off the testicles (of male animals such as horses)
- "the vet gelded the young horse"
- reap or harvest
- "cut grain"
- cease, stop
- "cut the noise"
- "We had to cut short the conversation"
- cut down on; make a reduction in
bring down, cut back, cut down, reduce, trim back, trim down, trim
- "reduce your daily fat intake"
- "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
- have a reducing effect
- "This cuts into my earnings"
- dissolve by breaking down the fat of
- "soap cuts grease"
- weed out unwanted or unnecessary things
prune, rationalise, rationalize
- "We had to lose weight, so we cut the sugar from our diet"
- shorten as if by severing the edges or ends of
- "cut my hair"
- refuse to acknowledge
disregard, ignore, snub
- "She cut him dead at the meeting"
- make out and issue
issue, make out, write out
- "cut a ticket"
- "Please make the check out to me"
- "write out a check"
- penetrate injuriously
- "The glass from the shattered windshield cut into her forehead"
- fell by sawing; hew
- "The Vietnamese cut a lot of timber while they occupied Cambodia"
- reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
abbreviate, abridge, contract, foreshorten, reduce, shorten
- "The manuscript must be shortened"
- hit (a ball) with a spin so that it turns in the opposite direction
- "cut a Ping-Pong ball"
- cause to stop operating by disengaging a switch
switch off, turn off, turn out
- "cut the engine"
- "Turn off the stereo, please"
- "turn out the lights"
- separate with or as if with an instrument
- "Cut the rope"
- divide a deck of cards at random into two parts to make selection difficult
- "She cut the deck for a long time"
- "Wayne cut"
- make an incision or separation
- "cut along the dotted line"
- allow incision or separation
- "This bread cuts easily"
- function as a cutting instrument
- "This knife cuts well"
- style and tailor in a certain fashion
- "cut a dress"
- perform or carry out
- "cut a caper"
- form or shape by cutting or incising
- "cut paper dolls"
Synonyms of cut
- cutting, cutting off
- baseball swing, swing
- cold shoulder, snub
- deletion, excision
- cut of meat
- gash, slash, slice
- edit, edit out
- dilute, reduce, thin, thin out
- abbreviate, abridge, contract, foreshorten, reduce, shorten
- cut off
- bring down, cut back, cut down, reduce, trim, trim back, trim down
- prune, rationalise, rationalize
- disregard, ignore, snub
- issue, make out, write out
- switch off, turn off, turn out
- curve, sheer, slew, slue, swerve, trend, veer
- thinned, weakened
- emasculated, gelded
Antonyms of cut
More matches for cut
|cutting edge||अग्र भाग|
|cutting machine||कटिंग मशीन|
|cutaneous nerve||त्वचीय तंत्रिका|
|cutting board||कटिंग बोर्ड|
|cutoff date||कटऑफ़ तिथि|
|cutting fluids||तरल पदार्थ|
|cutaneous lesions||त्वचीय घाव|
|cutting process||कटाई प्रक्रिया|
Ad-free experience & much more
Words starting with
What is cut meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase cut refers to made neat and tidy by trimming, or (of a male animal) having the testicles removed, or (used of grass or vegetation) cut down with a hand implement or machine, or (used of rates or prices) reduced usually sharply, or mixed with water, or fashioned or shaped by cutting, or the act of reducing the amount or number, or create by duplicating data. See cut meaning in Hindi, cut definition, translation and meaning of cut in Hindi. Find cut similar words, cut synonyms. Also learn cut opposite words, cut antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of cut. Find the answer of what is the meaning of cut in Hindi. देखें cut का हिन्दी मतलब, cut का मीनिंग, cut का हिन्दी अर्थ, cut का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "cut"
What is cut meaning in Hindi, cut translation in Hindi, cut definition, pronunciations and examples of cut in Hindi. cut का हिन्दी मीनिंग, cut का हिन्दी अर्थ, cut का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.