dim - Meaning in Hindi
dim - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of dim in English
- lacking in light; not bright or harsh
- "a dim light beside the bed"
- "subdued lights and soft music"
- made dim or less bright
- "dimmed headlights"
- "the dimmed houselights brought a hush of anticipation"
- "we like dimmed lights when we have dinner"
- slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity
dense, dull, dumb, obtuse, slow
- "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"
- "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"
- "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"
- "never met anyone quite so dim"
- "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"
- "worked with the slow students"
- lacking clarity or distinctness
faint, shadowy, vague, wispy
- "a dim figure in the distance"
- "a few wispy memories of childhood"
- "only a faint recollection"
- "saw a vague outline of a building through the fog"
- "shadowy figures in the gloom"
- offering little or no hope
black, black, bleak
- "Life in the Aran Islands has always been bleak and difficult"
- "prospects were bleak"
- "the future looked black"
- "took a dim view of things"
- become vague or indistinct
- "The distinction between the two theories blurred"
- make dim by comparison or conceal
- make dim or lusterless
- "Time had dimmed the silver"
- become dim or lusterless
- "the lights dimmed and the curtain rose"
- switch (a car's headlights) from a higher to a lower beam
Ad-free experience & much more
Origin of Sanskrit
Direct and Indirect speech
What is another word for dim ?
Words starting with
What is dim meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase dim refers to lacking in light; not bright or harsh, or made dim or less bright, or slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity, or lacking clarity or distinctness, or offering little or no hope, or become vague or indistinct. See dim meaning in Hindi, dim definition, translation and meaning of dim in Hindi. Find dim similar words, dim synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of dim. Find the answer of what is the meaning of dim in Hindi. देखें dim का हिन्दी मतलब, dim का मीनिंग, dim का हिन्दी अर्थ, dim का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "dim"
What is dim meaning in Hindi, dim translation in Hindi, dim definition, pronunciations and examples of dim in Hindi. dim का हिन्दी मीनिंग, dim का हिन्दी अर्थ, dim का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.