down - Meaning in Hindi
down Word Forms & Inflections
downs (noun plural)
downed (verb past tense)
downing (verb present participle)
downs (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of down in English
- being or moving lower in position or less in some value
- "down by a pawn"
- "lay face down"
- "our team is down by a run"
- "the moon is down"
- "the stock market is down today"
- becoming progressively lower
- "the down trend in the real estate market"
- extending or moving from a higher to a lower place
- "the down staircase"
- "the downward course of the stream"
- being put out by a strikeout
- "two down in the bottom of the ninth"
- understood perfectly
down pat, mastered
- "had his algebra problems down"
- filled with melancholy and despondency
blue, blue, depressed, dispirited, down in the mouth, downcast, downhearted, gloomy, grim, grim, low-spirited, low, low
- "a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"
- "a gloomy silence"
- "depressed by the loss of his job"
- "downcast after his defeat"
- "feeling discouraged and downhearted"
- "gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"
- "gloomy predictions"
- "lonely and blue in a strange city"
- "the darkening mood"
- "took a grim view of the economy"
- not functioning (temporarily or permanently)
- "we can't work because the computer is down"
- "the shades were down"
- lower than previously
- "prices are down"
- "the market is depressed"
- from an earlier time
- "the story was passed down from father to son"
- to a lower intensity
- "he slowly phased down the light until the stage was completely black"
- in an inactive or inoperative state
- "the computer went down again"
- "the factory went down during the strike"
- paid in cash at time of purchase
- "put ten dollars down on the necklace"
- away from a more central or a more northerly place
- "came down for the wedding"
- "flew down to Florida"
- "was sent down to work at the regional office"
- "worked down on the farm"
- spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position
downward, downwardly, downwards
- "don't fall down"
- "prices plunged downward"
- "rode the lift up and skied down"
- English physician who first described Down's syndrome (1828-1896)
Down, Down, John L. H. Down
- (usually plural) a rolling treeless highland with little soil
- fine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs)
- soft fine feathers
- (American football) a complete play to advance the football
- "you have four downs to gain ten yards"
- shoot at and force to come down
land, land, shoot down
- "the enemy landed several of our aircraft"
- cause to come or go down
cut down, knock down, pull down, push down
- "The mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet"
- "The policeman downed the heavily armed suspect"
- drink down entirely
belt down, bolt down, drink down, kill, pop, pop, pop, pour down, toss off
- "He downed three martinis before dinner"
- "She killed a bottle of brandy that night"
- "They popped a few beer after work"
- eat up completely, as with great appetite
consume, demolish, devour, go through
- "Some people can down a pound of meat in the course of one meal"
- "The teenagers demolished four pizzas among them"
- bring down or defeat (an opponent)
- improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
fine-tune, polish, polish, refine
- "refine one's style of writing"
Synonyms of down
- down feather
- john l. h. down
- fine-tune, polish, refine
- consume, demolish, devour, go through
- belt down, bolt down, drink down, kill, pop, pour down, toss off
- cut down, knock down, pull down, push down
- land, shoot down
- blue, depressed, dispirited, down in the mouth, downcast, downhearted, gloomy, grim, low, low-spirited
- down pat, mastered
- downward, downwardly, downwards
Antonyms of down
More matches for down
Words starting with
What is down meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase down refers to being or moving lower in position or less in some value, or becoming progressively lower, or extending or moving from a higher to a lower place, or being put out by a strikeout, or understood perfectly, or filled with melancholy and despondency, or from an earlier time, or English physician who first described Down's syndrome (1828-1896), or (usually plural) a rolling treeless highland with little soil, or shoot at and force to come down. See down meaning in Hindi, down definition, translation and meaning of down in Hindi. Find down similar words, down synonyms. Also learn down opposite words, down antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of down. Find the answer of what is the meaning of down in Hindi. देखें down का हिन्दी मतलब, down का मीनिंग, down का हिन्दी अर्थ, down का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "down"
What is down meaning in Hindi, down translation in Hindi, down definition, pronunciations and examples of down in Hindi. down का हिन्दी मीनिंग, down का हिन्दी अर्थ, down का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more