drop - Meaning in Hindi
drop - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of drop in English
- a central depository where things can be left or picked up
- a curtain that can be lowered and raised onto a stage from the flies; often used as background scenery
drop cloth, drop curtain
- a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity
dip, dip, fall, fall, free fall
- "a dip in prices"
- "a drop of 57 points on the Dow Jones index"
- "there was a drop in pressure in the pulmonary artery"
- "when that became known the price of their stock went into free fall"
- a free and rapid descent by the force of gravity
- "it was a miracle that he survived the drop from that height"
- a predetermined hiding place for the deposit and distribution of illicit goods (such as drugs or stolen property)
- a steep high face of rock
cliff, cliff, drop-off
- "a steep drop"
- "he stood on a high cliff overlooking the town"
- a small indefinite quantity (especially of a liquid)
- "a drop of each sample was analyzed"
- "he had a drop too much to drink"
- "there is not a drop of pity in that man"
- "years afterward, they would pay the blood-money, driblet by driblet"
- a shape that is spherical and small
bead, pearl, pearl
- "beads of sweat on his forehead"
- "he studied the shapes of low-viscosity drops"
- the act of dropping something
- "they expected the drop would be successful"
- cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow
cut down, fell, strike down
- "Lightning struck down the hikers"
- "strike down a tree"
- hang freely
dangle, swing, swing
- "The light dropped from the ceiling"
- "the ornaments dangled from the tree"
- remove (cargo, people, etc.) from and leave
discharge, drop off, put down, set down, unload
- "drop off the passengers at the hotel"
- "unload the cargo"
- get rid of
cast off, cast, shake off, shed, throw away, throw off, throw
- "he shed his image as a pushy boss"
- "shed your clothes"
- let or cause to fall in drops
- "dribble oil into the mixture"
- to fall vertically
- "the bombs are dropping on enemy targets"
- let fall to the ground
- "Don't drop the dishes"
- fall or descend to a lower place or level
drop down, sink, sink
- "He sank to his knees"
- pay out
- "spend money"
- terminate an association with
- "drop him from the Republican ticket"
- stop associating with
dismiss, send away, send packing
- "They dropped her after she had a child out of wedlock"
- take (a drug, especially LSD), by mouth
- "She dropped acid when she was a teenager"
- lose (a game)
- "The Giants dropped 11 of their first 13"
- utter with seeming casualness
- "drop a hint"
- "drop names"
- omit (a letter or syllable) in speaking or writing
- "New Englanders drop their post-vocalic r's"
- leave undone or leave out
leave out, miss, miss, neglect, omit, overleap, overlook, pretermit
- "How could I miss that typo?"
- "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten"
- change from one level to another
- "She dropped into army jargon"
- go down in value
- "Stock prices dropped"
- lower the pitch of (musical notes)
- stop pursuing or acting
- "drop a lawsuit"
- "knock it off!"
- fall or sink into a state of exhaustion or death
- "shop til you drop"
- grow worse
degenerate, deteriorate, devolve
- "Conditions in the slums degenerated"
- "Her condition deteriorated"
- "The discussion devolved into a shouting match"
- give birth; used for animals
- "The cow dropped her calf this morning"
Ad-free experience & much more
Board games that help improve your vocabulary
Parts of speech
Using plural forms to show respect in Hindi
Tips to practice grammar effectively
What is another word for drop ?
Words starting with
What is drop meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase drop refers to a central depository where things can be left or picked up, or a curtain that can be lowered and raised onto a stage from the flies; often used as background scenery, or a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity, or a free and rapid descent by the force of gravity, or a predetermined hiding place for the deposit and distribution of illicit goods (such as drugs or stolen property), or a steep high face of rock, or cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow. See drop meaning in Hindi, drop definition, translation and meaning of drop in Hindi. Find drop similar words, drop synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of drop. Find the answer of what is the meaning of drop in Hindi. देखें drop का हिन्दी मतलब, drop का मीनिंग, drop का हिन्दी अर्थ, drop का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "drop"
What is drop meaning in Hindi, drop translation in Hindi, drop definition, pronunciations and examples of drop in Hindi. drop का हिन्दी मीनिंग, drop का हिन्दी अर्थ, drop का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.