grind - Meaning in Hindi
grind - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of grind in English
- the act of grinding to a powder or dust
mill, mill, pulverisation, pulverization
- hard monotonous routine work
donkeywork, drudgery, plodding
- the grade of particle fineness to which a substance is ground
- "a coarse grind of coffee"
- an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious
dweeb, nerd, swot, wonk
- reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading
bray, bray, comminute, crunch, mash, mash
- "grind the spices in a mortar"
- "mash the garlic"
- make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together
- "grate one's teeth in anger"
- press or grind with a crushing noise
cranch, craunch, crunch
- shape or form by grinding
- "grind lenses for glasses and cameras"
- created by grinding
- "grind designs into the glass bowl"
- dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced
- work hard
dig, drudge, fag, fag, labor, labor, labour, labour, moil, toil, travail
- "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- "She was digging away at her math homework"
A blade's grind is its cross-sectional shape in a plane normal to the edge. Grind differs from blade profile, which is the blade's cross-sectional shape in the plane containing the blade's edge and the centre contour of the blade's back. The grind of a blade should not be confused with the bevel forming the sharpened edge; it more usually describes the overall cross-section of the blade, not inclusive of the beveled cutting edge which is typically of a different, less acute angle as the bevel ground onto the blade to give it a cross-sectional shape. For example, the famous Buck 110 hunting knife has a "hollow ground" blade, with concave blade faces, but the cutting edge itself is a simple, flat-ground bevel of lesser angle. It would be difficult, if not impossible, to put a "hollow grind" onto the actual cutting edge of the blade itself, which is a very narrow and small bevel.Also see "Grind" on Wikipedia
Ad-free experience & much more
Direct and Indirect speech
Reasons to learn an Indian language
Basic rules of grammar
What is another word for grind ?
Words starting with
What is grind meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase grind refers to the act of grinding to a powder or dust, or hard monotonous routine work, or the grade of particle fineness to which a substance is ground, or an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious, or reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading, or make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together. See grind meaning in Hindi, grind definition, translation and meaning of grind in Hindi. Find grind similar words, grind synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of grind. Find the answer of what is the meaning of grind in Hindi. देखें grind का हिन्दी मतलब, grind का मीनिंग, grind का हिन्दी अर्थ, grind का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "grind"
What is grind meaning in Hindi, grind translation in Hindi, grind definition, pronunciations and examples of grind in Hindi. grind का हिन्दी मीनिंग, grind का हिन्दी अर्थ, grind का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.