ground - Meaning in Hindi
ground - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of ground in English
- (art) the surface (as a wall or canvas) prepared to take the paint for a painting
- the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
flat coat, primer coat, primer, priming coat, priming, undercoat
- the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface
- "they dug into the earth outside the church"
- a relation that provides the foundation for something
- "he worked on an interim basis"
- "they were on a friendly footing"
- material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use)
land, land, soil
- "good agricultural soil"
- "the land had never been plowed"
- the solid part of the earth's surface
dry land, earth, earth, land, land, solid ground, terra firma
- "he dropped the logs on the ground"
- "the earth shook for several minutes"
- "the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land"
- a rational motive for a belief or action
- "the grounds for their declaration"
- "the reason that war was declared"
- a position to be won or defended in battle (or as if in battle)
- "they fought to regain the lost ground"
- "they gained ground step by step"
- the part of a scene (or picture) that lies behind objects in the foreground
- "he posed her against a background of rolling hills"
- a relatively homogeneous percept extending back of the figure on which attention is focused
- a connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage)
- bring to the ground
run aground, strand, strand
- "the storm grounded the ship"
- hit or reach the ground
- confine or restrict to the ground
- "After the accident, they grounded the plane and the pilot"
- place or put on the ground
- throw to the ground in order to stop play and avoid being tackled behind the line of scrimmage
- hit a groundball
- "he grounded to the second baseman"
- hit onto the ground
- cover with a primer; apply a primer to
- fix firmly and stably
- "anchor the lamppost in concrete"
- connect to a ground
- "ground the electrical connections for safety reasons"
- instruct someone in the fundamentals of a subject
- use as a basis for; found on
base, base, establish, found, found
- "base a claim on some observation"
Ad-free experience & much more
Must read books by Ruskin Bond
Basic rules of grammar
Using plural forms to show respect in Hindi
30 most commonly used idioms
What is another word for ground ?
Sentences with the word ground
Words starting with
What is ground meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase ground refers to (art) the surface (as a wall or canvas) prepared to take the paint for a painting, or the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface, or the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface, or a relation that provides the foundation for something, or material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use), or the solid part of the earth's surface, or bring to the ground. See ground meaning in Hindi, ground definition, translation and meaning of ground in Hindi. Find ground similar words, ground synonyms. Also learn ground opposite words, ground antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of ground. Find the answer of what is the meaning of ground in Hindi. देखें ground का हिन्दी मतलब, ground का मीनिंग, ground का हिन्दी अर्थ, ground का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "ground"
What is ground meaning in Hindi, ground translation in Hindi, ground definition, pronunciations and examples of ground in Hindi. ground का हिन्दी मीनिंग, ground का हिन्दी अर्थ, ground का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.