jump - Meaning in Hindi
jump Word Forms & Inflectionsjumps (noun plural)
jumped (verb past tense)
jumping (verb present participle)
jumps (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of jump in English
- descent with a parachute
- "he had done a lot of parachuting in the army"
- a sudden involuntary movement
- "he awoke with a start"
- (film) an abrupt transition from one scene to another
- an abrupt transition
leap, leap, saltation
- "a successful leap from college to the major leagues"
- a sudden and decisive increase
- "a jump in attendance"
- the act of jumping; propelling yourself off the ground
- "he advanced in a series of jumps"
- "the jumping was unexpected"
- be highly noticeable
jump out, leap out, stand out, stick out
- jump down from an elevated point
jump off, leap, leap
- "every year, hundreds of people jump off the Golden Gate bridge"
- "the parachutist didn't want to jump"
- "the widow leapt into the funeral pyre"
- run off or leave the rails
- "the train derailed because a cow was standing on the tracks"
- jump from an airplane and descend with a parachute
chute, chute, parachute
- cause to jump or leap
- "the trainer jumped the tiger through the hoop"
- move forward by leaps and bounds
bound, bound, leap, leap, spring, spring
- "Can you jump over the fence?"
- "The child leapt across the puddle"
- "The horse bounded across the meadow"
- move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm
- "She startled when I walked into the room"
- start (a car engine whose battery is dead) by connecting it to another car's battery
- make a sudden physical attack on
- "The muggers jumped the woman in the fur coat"
- enter eagerly into
- "He jumped into the game"
pass over, skip over, skip, skip
- "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
- pass abruptly from one state or topic to another
- "jump from one thing to another"
- "jump to a conclusion"
- "leap into fame"
- increase suddenly and significantly
- "Prices jumped overnight"
- rise in rank or status
climb up, rise, rise
- "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
- go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions
Synonyms of jump
- start, startle
- leap, saltation
- climb up, rise
- pass over, skip, skip over
- jump-start, jumpstart
- start, startle
- bound, leap, spring
- chute, parachute
- jump off, leap
- jump out, leap out, stand out, stick out
More matches for jump
jumped onto कूदना jump rope जंप रस्सी jump rope रस्सी कूद jump rope कूदने की रस्सी jump rope रस्सी कूदना jump right जंप राइट jumped overboard ओवरबोर्ड jumped right छलांग लगा jump start जंप प्रारंभ jump shot जंप शॉट
Words starting with
What is jump meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase jump refers to descent with a parachute, or a sudden involuntary movement, or (film) an abrupt transition from one scene to another, or an abrupt transition, or a sudden and decisive increase, or the act of jumping; propelling yourself off the ground, or be highly noticeable. See jump meaning in Hindi, jump definition, translation and meaning of jump in Hindi. Find jump similar words, jump synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of jump. Find the answer of what is the meaning of jump in Hindi. देखें jump का हिन्दी मतलब, jump का मीनिंग, jump का हिन्दी अर्थ, jump का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "jump"
What is jump meaning in Hindi, jump translation in Hindi, jump definition, pronunciations and examples of jump in Hindi. jump का हिन्दी मीनिंग, jump का हिन्दी अर्थ, jump का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.