last - Meaning in Hindi
last Word Forms & Inflectionslaster (adjective comparative)
lasts (noun plural)
lasted (verb past tense)
lasting (verb present participle)
lasts (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of last in English
- immediately past
- "last Thursday"
- "the last chapter we read"
- conclusive in a process or progression
final, net, net, net
- "a last resort"
- "the final answer"
- "the net result"
- most unlikely or unsuitable
- "the last man they would have chosen for the job"
- "the last person we would have suspected"
- highest in extent or degree
- "to the last measure of human endurance"
- "whether they were accomplices in the last degree or a lesser one was...to be determined individually"
- coming after all others in time or space or degree or being the only one remaining
- "down to his last nickel"
- "had the last word"
- "he raised his voice in a last supreme call"
- "the last day of the month"
- "the last game of the season"
- "the last time I saw Paris"
- "waited until the last minute"
- occurring at or forming an end or termination
concluding, final, terminal
- "his concluding words came as a surprise"
- "terminal leave"
- "the final chapter"
- "the last days of the dinosaurs"
- not to be altered or undone
- "the arbiter will have the last say"
- "the judge's decision is final"
- lowest in rank or importance
- "in last place"
- "last prize"
- occurring at the time of death
- "his last words"
- "the last rites"
- the item at the end
finally, in conclusion, lastly
- "last, I'll discuss family values"
- most recently
- "I saw him last in London"
- the temporal end; the concluding time
close, close, conclusion, conclusion, finale, finis, finish, stopping point
- "the market was up at the finish"
- "the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell"
- "they were playing better at the close of the season"
- the time at which life ends; continuing until dead
- "a struggle to the last"
- "she stayed until his death"
- the last or lowest in an ordering or series
- "he finished an inglorious last"
- "he was the last to leave"
- a unit of weight equal to 4,000 pounds
- a unit of capacity for grain equal to 80 bushels
- the final stage or concluding parts of an event or occurrence
end, end, end
- "I had to miss the last of the movie"
- "the end was exciting"
- holding device shaped like a human foot that is used to fashion or repair shoes
cobbler's last, shoemaker's last
- a person's dying act; the final thing a person can do
- "he breathed his last"
- persist for a specified period of time
- "The bad weather lasted for three days"
- continue to live and avoid dying
endure, go, go, hold out, hold up, live on, live, survive
- "how long can a person last without food and water?"
- "One crash victim died, the other lived"
- "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"
- "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"
- "We went without water and food for 3 days"
Synonyms of last
- cobbler's last, shoemaker's last
- close, conclusion, finale, finis, finish, stopping point
- endure, go, hold out, hold up, live, live on, survive
- last-place, lowest
- concluding, final, terminal
- final, net
- finally, in conclusion, lastly
Antonyms of last
A last is a mechanical form shaped like a human foot. It is used by shoemakers and cordwainers in the manufacture and repair of shoes. Lasts come in many styles and sizes, depending on the exact job they are designed for. Common variations include simple one-size lasts used for repairing soles and heels, custom-purpose mechanized lasts used in modern mass production, and custom-made lasts used in the making of bespoke footwear. Lasts are made of firm materials—hardwoods, cast iron, and high-density plastics—to withstand contact with wetted leather and the strong forces involved in reshaping it. Since the early 19th century, lasts typically come in pairs to match the separate shapes of the right and left feet. The development of an automated lasting machine by the Surinamese-American Jan Ernst Matzeliger in the 1880s was a major development in shoe production, immediately improving quality, halving prices, and eliminating the previous putting-out systems surrounding shoemaking centers.Also see "Last" on Wikipedia
More matches for last
last year पिछले वर्ष last but not least अन्तिम पर कम नहीं last decade पिछले दशक last century पिछली शताब्दी last time पिछली बार last night कल रात last thing अंतिम बात last month पिछले महीने last word अंतिम शब्द last summer पिछली गर्मियों
Words starting with
What is last meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase last refers to immediately past, or conclusive in a process or progression, or most unlikely or unsuitable, or highest in extent or degree, or coming after all others in time or space or degree or being the only one remaining, or occurring at or forming an end or termination, or the item at the end, or the temporal end; the concluding time, or persist for a specified period of time. See last meaning in Hindi, last definition, translation and meaning of last in Hindi. Find last similar words, last synonyms. Also learn last opposite words, last antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of last. Find the answer of what is the meaning of last in Hindi. देखें last का हिन्दी मतलब, last का मीनिंग, last का हिन्दी अर्थ, last का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "last"
What is last meaning in Hindi, last translation in Hindi, last definition, pronunciations and examples of last in Hindi. last का हिन्दी मीनिंग, last का हिन्दी अर्थ, last का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.