lift - Meaning in Hindi
lift - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of lift in English
- a ride in a car
- "he gave me a lift home"
- the act of raising something
- "fireman learn several different raises for getting ladders up"
- "he responded with a lift of his eyebrow"
- the component of the aerodynamic forces acting on an airfoil that opposes gravity
- the event of something being raised upward
- "a raising of the land resulting from volcanic activity"
- "an elevation of the temperature in the afternoon"
- a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground
- a powered conveyance that carries skiers up a hill
ski lift, ski tow
- a device worn in a shoe or boot to make the wearer look taller or to correct a shortened leg
- lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building
- the act of giving temporary assistance
- plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face; an incision is made near the hair line and skin is pulled back and excess tissue is excised
cosmetic surgery, face lift, face lifting, facelift, nip and tuck, rhytidectomy, rhytidoplasty
- "some actresses have more than one face lift"
- transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable)
- one of the layers forming the heel of a shoe or boot
- take (root crops) out of the ground
- "lift potatoes"
- fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means
- "Food is airlifted into Bosnia"
- raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help
hoist, wind, wind
- "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
- take hold of something and move it to a different location
- "lift the box onto the table"
- move upward
arise, come up, go up, move up, rise, rise, uprise
- "The fog lifted"
- "The mist uprose from the meadows"
- "The smoke arose from the forest fire"
- move upwards
- "lift one's eyes"
- raise from a lower to a higher position
bring up, elevate, get up, raise
- "Lift a load"
- "Raise your hands"
- make off with belongings of others
abstract, cabbage, filch, hook, hook, nobble, pilfer, pinch, purloin, snarf, sneak, swipe
- take illegally
- "rustle cattle"
- take without referencing from someone else's writing or speech; of intellectual property
- pay off (a mortgage)
- rise up
rear, rise, rise
- "The building rose before them"
- make audible
- "He lifted a war whoop"
- cancel officially
annul, countermand, overturn, repeal, repeal, rescind, reverse, revoke, vacate
- "He revoked the ban on smoking"
- "lift an embargo"
- "vacate a death sentence"
- call to stop the hunt or to retire, as of hunting dogs
- invigorate or heighten
- "lift his ego"
- "lift my spirits"
- raise in rank or condition
- "The new law lifted many people from poverty"
- rise upward, as from pressure or moisture
- "The floor is lifting slowly"
- put an end to
- "lift a ban"
- "raise a siege"
- remove (hair) by scalping
- remove from a seedbed or from a nursery
- "lift the tulip bulbs"
- take off or away by decreasing
- "lift the pressure"
- remove from a surface
- "the detective carefully lifted some fingerprints from the table"
- perform cosmetic surgery on someone's face
Ad-free experience & much more
Types of nouns
Tips of essay writing for children
Ways to improve your spoken English skills
Homophones vs Homographs vs Homonyms
What is another word for lift ?
Words starting with
What is lift meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase lift refers to a ride in a car, or the act of raising something, or the component of the aerodynamic forces acting on an airfoil that opposes gravity, or the event of something being raised upward, or a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground, or a powered conveyance that carries skiers up a hill, or take (root crops) out of the ground. See lift meaning in Hindi, lift definition, translation and meaning of lift in Hindi. Find lift similar words, lift synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of lift. Find the answer of what is the meaning of lift in Hindi. देखें lift का हिन्दी मतलब, lift का मीनिंग, lift का हिन्दी अर्थ, lift का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "lift"
What is lift meaning in Hindi, lift translation in Hindi, lift definition, pronunciations and examples of lift in Hindi. lift का हिन्दी मीनिंग, lift का हिन्दी अर्थ, lift का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.