match - Meaning in Hindi
match - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of match in English
- an exact duplicate
mate, mate, mate
- "when a match is found an entry is made in the notebook"
- a burning piece of wood or cardboard
- "if you drop a match in there the whole place will explode"
- something that resembles or harmonizes with
- "that tie makes a good match with your jacket"
- a formal contest in which two or more persons or teams compete
- a pair of people who live together
- "a married couple from Chicago"
- a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
compeer, equal, peer, peer
- a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect
- the score needed to win a match
- lighter consisting of a thin piece of wood or cardboard tipped with combustible chemical; ignites with friction
friction match, lucifer, lucifer
- "as long you've a lucifer to light your fag"
- "he always carries matches to light his pipe"
- be equal to in quality or ability
equal, rival, touch
- "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
- "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"
- "Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
agree, check, correspond, fit, fit, gibe, gibe, jibe, tally, tally
- "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"
- "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
- "The two stories don't agree in many details"
- provide funds complementary to
- "The company matched the employees' contributions"
- give or join in marriage
- bring two objects, ideas, or people together
couple, mate, mate, mate, pair, twin, twin
- "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"
- "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- "This fact is coupled to the other one"
- set into opposition or rivalry
oppose, pit, pit, pit, play off
- "He plays his two children off against each other"
- "let them match their best athletes against ours"
- "pit a chess player against the Russian champion"
- make correspond or harmonize
- "Match my sweater"
- be equal or harmonize
- "The two pieces match"
- make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching
equal, equalise, equalize, equate
- "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"
- "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors"
A match is a tool for starting a fire. Typically, matches are made of small wooden sticks or stiff paper. One end is coated with a material that can be ignited by friction generated by striking the match against a suitable surface. Wooden matches are packaged in matchboxes, and paper matches are partially cut into rows and stapled into matchbooks. The coated end of a match, known as the match "head", consists of a bead of active ingredients and binder, often colored for easier inspection. There are two main types of matches: safety matches, which can be struck only against a specially prepared surface, and strike-anywhere matches, for which any suitably frictional surface can be used.
माचिस और उसकी तिली मिलकर आवश्यकतानुसार, नियंत्रित ढ़ंग से आग पैदा करने के काम आते हैं। आजकल यह एक बहुत ही सस्ती एवं सुलभ चीज है।Also see "Match" on Wikipedia
Ad-free experience & much more
Shakespearean phrases that are used even today
Tips to improve your spellings
Using simple present tense
What is another word for match ?
Words starting with
What is match meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase match refers to an exact duplicate, or a burning piece of wood or cardboard, or something that resembles or harmonizes with, or a formal contest in which two or more persons or teams compete, or a pair of people who live together, or a person who is of equal standing with another in a group, or be equal to in quality or ability. See match meaning in Hindi, match definition, translation and meaning of match in Hindi. Find match similar words, match synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of match. Find the answer of what is the meaning of match in Hindi. देखें match का हिन्दी मतलब, match का मीनिंग, match का हिन्दी अर्थ, match का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "match"
What is match meaning in Hindi, match translation in Hindi, match definition, pronunciations and examples of match in Hindi. match का हिन्दी मीनिंग, match का हिन्दी अर्थ, match का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.