mates - Meaning in Hindi
Interpreted your input "mates" as "mate".
mate - Meaning in Hindi
mate Word Forms & Inflections
mated (verb past tense)
mating (verb present participle)
mates (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of mate in English
- a chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king
- an exact duplicate
- "when a match is found an entry is made in the notebook"
- South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate
- the officer below the master on a commercial ship
- informal term for a friend of the same sex
- the partner of an animal (especially a sexual partner)
- "camels hate leaving their mates"
- "he loved the mare and all her mates"
- a person's partner in marriage
better half, married person, partner, spouse
- a fellow member of a team
- "it was his first start against his former teammates"
- South American holly; leaves used in making a drink like tea
Ilex paraguariensis, Paraguay tea
- one of a pair
- "he lost the mate to his shoe"
- "one eye was blue but its fellow was brown"
- place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game
- "Kasparov checkmated his opponent after only a few moves"
- bring two objects, ideas, or people together
couple, match, pair, twin, twin
- "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"
- "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- "This fact is coupled to the other one"
- engage in sexual intercourse
copulate, couple, pair
- "Birds mate in the Spring"
Synonyms of mate
- first mate
- better half, married person, partner, spouse
- ilex paraguariensis, paraguay tea
- couple, match, pair, twin
- copulate, couple, pair
More matches for mate
|materials used||प्रयुक्त सामग्री|
|material fact||भौतिक तथ्य|
|material used||प्रयुक्त सामग्री|
|materials science||सामग्री विज्ञान|
|material world||भौतिक दुनिया|
|material properties||भौतिक गुण|
|material change||भौतिक परिवर्तन|
Ad-free experience & much more
Tips to practice grammar effectively
Basic conversation skills (for Hindi learners)
Confusing words in English
What is another word for mates ?
Words starting with
What is mates meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase mates refers to a chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king, or an exact duplicate, or South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate, or the officer below the master on a commercial ship, or informal term for a friend of the same sex, or the partner of an animal (especially a sexual partner), or place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game. See mates meaning in Hindi, mates definition, translation and meaning of mates in Hindi. Find mates similar words, mates synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of mates. Find the answer of what is the meaning of mates in Hindi. देखें mates का हिन्दी मतलब, mates का मीनिंग, mates का हिन्दी अर्थ, mates का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "mates"
What is mates meaning in Hindi, mates translation in Hindi, mates definition, pronunciations and examples of mates in Hindi. mates का हिन्दी मीनिंग, mates का हिन्दी अर्थ, mates का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.