pass - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of pass in English
- of advancing the ball by throwing it
- "a pass play"
- "a team with a good passing attack"
- (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team
flip, flip, toss
बारीकी से, ...Premium
- "the pass was fumbled"
- (military) a written leave of absence
- "he had a pass for three days"
- a bad or difficult situation or state of affairs
strait, strait, straits
- the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks
mountain pass, notch
- "we got through the pass before it started to snow"
- a difficult juncture
head, head, straits
- "a pretty pass"
- "matters came to a head yesterday"
- one complete cycle of operations (as by a computer)
- "it was not possible to complete the computation in a single pass"
- an automatic advance to the next round in a tournament without playing an opponent
- "he had a bye in the first round"
- any authorization to pass or go somewhere
- "the pass to visit had a strict time limit"
- a permit to enter or leave a military installation
- "he had to show his pass in order to get out"
- success in satisfying a test or requirement
- "he got a pass in introductory chemistry"
- "his future depended on his passing that test"
- (baseball) an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls
base on balls, walk
- "he worked the pitcher for a base on balls"
- a flight or run by an aircraft over a target
- "the plane turned to make a second pass"
- a usually brief attempt
crack, fling, go, go, offer, offer, whirl
- "he took a crack at it"
- "I gave it a whirl"
- a document indicating permission to do something without restrictions
- "the media representatives had special passes"
- (American football) a play that involves one player throwing the ball to a teammate
passing game, passing play, passing
- "the coach sent in a passing play on third and long"
- a complimentary ticket
- "the star got passes for his family"
- pass by
elapse, glide by, go along, go by, lapse, slide by, slip away, slip by
- "three years elapsed"
- use up a period of time in a specific way
- "how are you spending your summer vacation?"
- stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point
extend, go, go, lead, lead, run
- "His knowledge doesn't go very far"
- "My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"
- "Service runs all the way to Cranbury"
- "The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
- be superior or better than some standard
exceed, go past, overstep, top, top, transcend
- "She exceeded our expectations"
- "She topped her performance of last year"
- go successfully through a test or a selection process
- "She passed the new Jersey Bar Exam and can practice law now"
- accept or judge as acceptable
- "The teacher passed the student although he was weak"
- go unchallenged; be approved
- "The bill cleared the House"
- make laws, bills, etc. or bring into effect by legislation
- "They passed the amendment"
- "We cannot legislate how people spend their free time"
- allow to go without comment or censure
- "the insult passed as if unnoticed"
- throw (a ball) to another player
- "Smith passed"
- place into the hands or custody of
give, give, hand, hand, pass on, reach, reach, turn over
- "hand me the spoon, please"
- "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
- "Turn the files over to me, please"
- be inherited by
devolve, fall, fall, return
- "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead"
- "The estate fell to my sister"
- "The land returned to the family"
- transfer to another; of rights or property
- "Our house passed under his official control"
- cause to pass
- "She passed around the plates"
- move past
go by, go past, pass by, surpass, travel by
- "A black limousine passed by when she looked out the window"
- "He passed his professor in the hall"
- "One line of soldiers surpassed the other"
- go across or through
- "A terrible thought went through his mind"
- "We passed the point where the police car had parked"
- travel past
- "The sports car passed all the trucks"
- pass into a specified state or condition
lapse, sink, sink
- "He sank into nirvana"
- pass over, across, or through
draw, guide, guide, guide, run
- "He drew her hair through his fingers"
- "He ran his eyes over her body"
- "She ran her fingers along the carved figurine"
- grant authorization or clearance for
authorise, authorize, clear
- "Clear the manuscript for publication"
- "The rock star never authorized this slanderous biography"
- transmit information
communicate, pass along, pass on, put across
- "pass along the good news"
- "Please communicate this message to all employees"
- disappear gradually
blow over, evanesce, fade, fleet, fleet, pass off
- "The pain eventually passed off"
- pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
buy the farm, cash in one's chips, choke, conk, croak, decease, die, die, drop dead, exit, expire, give-up the ghost, go, go, kick the bucket, pass away, perish, pop off, snuff it
- "She died from cancer"
- "The children perished in the fire"
- "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
- "The patient went peacefully"
- come to pass
come about, fall out, go on, hap, hap, happen, occur, pass off, take place
- "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- "The meeting took place off without an incidence"
- "What is happening?"
- eliminate from the body
egest, eliminate, excrete
- "Pass a kidney stone"
Ad-free experience & much more
Important words and phrases in Marathi (For beginners)
Writing complex sentences in English (For beginners)
Words starting with
What is pass meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase pass refers to of advancing the ball by throwing it, or (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team, or (military) a written leave of absence, or a bad or difficult situation or state of affairs, or the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks, or a difficult juncture, or pass by. See pass meaning in Hindi, pass definition, translation and meaning of pass in Hindi. Find pass similar words, pass synonyms. Also learn pass opposite words, pass antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of pass. Find the answer of what is the meaning of pass in Hindi. देखें pass का हिन्दी मतलब, pass का मीनिंग, pass का हिन्दी अर्थ, pass का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "pass"
What is pass meaning in Hindi, pass translation in Hindi, pass definition, pronunciations and examples of pass in Hindi. pass का हिन्दी मीनिंग, pass का हिन्दी अर्थ, pass का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.