place - Meaning in Hindi
place - Meaning in Hindi
- निवास स्थान(masc)
- पुस्तक में कोई अंश
place Word Forms & Inflections
placed (verb past tense)
placing (verb present participle)
places (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of place in English
- the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another
lieu, position, stead, stead
- "can you go in my stead?"
- "in lieu of"
- "took his place"
- a job in an organization
berth, billet, office, position, post, post, situation, spot, spot
- "he occupied a post in the treasury"
- proper or appropriate position or location
- "a woman's place is no longer in the kitchen"
- proper or designated social situation
- "he overstepped his place"
- "married above her station"
- "the responsibilities of a man in his station"
- a particular situation
- "If you were in my place what would you do?"
- a point located with respect to surface features of some region
spot, spot, topographic point
- "a bright spot on a planet"
- "this is a nice place for a picnic"
- a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane)
- "he booked their seats in advance"
- "he sat in someone else's place"
- a general vicinity
- "He comes from a place near Chicago"
- the particular portion of space occupied by something
- "he put the lamp back in its place"
- a public square with room for pedestrians
- "Grosvenor Place"
- "they met at Elm Plaza"
- where you live at a particular time
- "deliver the package to my home"
- "he doesn't have a home to go to"
- "your place or mine?"
- any area set aside for a particular purpose
- "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House"
- "who owns this place?"
- an item on a list or in a sequence
- "in the second place"
- "moved from third to fifth position"
- the passage that is being read
- "he lost his place on the page"
- a blank area
blank space, space
- "write your name in the space provided"
- an abstract mental location
- "a place in my heart"
- "a political system with no place for the less prominent groups"
- "he has a special place in my thoughts"
- identify the location or place of
- "We localized the source of the infection"
- assign to (a job or a home)
- place somebody in a particular situation or location
- "he was placed on probation"
- assign a location to
- "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
- make an investment
commit, invest, put
- "Put money into bonds"
localise, localize, set, set, set
- "The film is set in Africa"
- put into a certain place or abstract location
lay, lay, pose, position, put, set, set, set
- "Place emphasis on a certain point"
- "Put your things here"
- "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"
- "Set the tray down"
- intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
aim, aim, direct, point, point, target
- "criticism directed at her superior"
- "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
- "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"
- assign to a station
post, post, send, station
- finish second or better in a horse or dog race
- "he bet $2 on number six to place"
- sing a note with the correct pitch
- to arrange for
- "place a bet"
- "place a phone call"
put, set, set, set
- "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
- take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal
come in, come out
- "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
- assign a rank or rating to
grade, order, order, range, range, rank, rank, rate
- "how would you rank these students?"
- "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something
- "She identified the man on the `wanted' poster"
Synonyms of place
- berth, billet, office, position, post, situation, spot
- lieu, position, stead
- blank space, space
- piazza, plaza
- spot, topographic point
- grade, order, range, rank, rate
- come in, come out
- put, set
- post, send, station
- aim, direct, point, target
- lay, pose, position, put, set
- localise, localize, set
- commit, invest, put
- locate, site
- localise, localize
More matches for place
|place therein||वहाँ रखें|
|placebo||मृतक के लिये प्रार्थना|
|place names||स्थान नाम|
|placement service||प्लेसमेंट सर्विस|
|placed near||निकट स्थित|
|place thereof||उसका स्थान|
|placed around||चारों ओर|
|placed inside||अंदर रखा|
|placed directly||सीधे डाला|
Ad-free experience & much more
Types of sentences
Learn to pronounce these difficult words in English
Homophones vs Homographs vs Homonyms
What is another word for place ?
Words starting with
What is place meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase place refers to the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another, or a job in an organization, or proper or appropriate position or location, or proper or designated social situation, or a particular situation, or a point located with respect to surface features of some region, or identify the location or place of. See place meaning in Hindi, place definition, translation and meaning of place in Hindi. Find place similar words, place synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of place. Find the answer of what is the meaning of place in Hindi. देखें place का हिन्दी मतलब, place का मीनिंग, place का हिन्दी अर्थ, place का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "place"
What is place meaning in Hindi, place translation in Hindi, place definition, pronunciations and examples of place in Hindi. place का हिन्दी मीनिंग, place का हिन्दी अर्थ, place का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.