quench - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, we could not find an exact match.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of quench in English
- cool (hot metal) by plunging into cold water or other liquid.
- "quench steel"
- reduce the degree of (luminescence or phosphorescence) in (excited molecules or a material) by adding a suitable substance.
- suppress or crush completely.
- "quench a rebellion"
- "squelch any sign of dissent"
- satisfy (thirst).
allay, assuage, slake
- "The cold water quenched his thirst"
- electronics: suppress (sparking) when the current is cut off in an inductive circuit, or suppress (an oscillation or discharge) in a component or device.
- put out, as of fires, flames, or lights.
blow out, extinguish, snuff out
- "quench the flames"
- "snuff out the candles"
- "Too big to be extinguished at once, the forest fires at best could be contained"
Ad-free experience & much more
Learn to pronounce these difficult words in English
About quench in Hindi
See quench meaning in Hindi, quench definition, translation and meaning of quench in Hindi. Find quench similar words, quench synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of quench. Find the answer of what is the meaning of quench in Hindi. देेखें quench का हिन्दी मतलब, quench का मीनिंग, quench का हिन्दी अर्थ, quench का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "quench"
What is quench meaning in Hindi, quench translation in Hindi, quench definition, pronunciations and examples of quench in Hindi. quench का हिन्दी मीनिंग, quench का हिन्दी अर्थ, quench का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.