quiet - Meaning in Hindi
quiet - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of quiet in English
- (of the sun) characterized by a low level of surface phenomena, such as sunspots
- (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves
placid, smooth, still, still, tranquil, unruffled
- "a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"
- "a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"
- "a smooth channel crossing"
- "scarcely a ripple on the still water"
- "the quiet waters of a lagoon"
- "unruffled water"
- in a softened tone
hushed, muted, subdued
- "a quiet reprimand"
- "a subdued whisper"
- "hushed voices"
- "muted trumpets"
- not showy or obtrusive
- "clothes in quiet good taste"
- free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound
- "a quiet audience at the concert"
- "the room was dark and quiet"
- characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity
- "a quiet life"
- "a quiet throng of onlookers"
- "quiet peace-loving people"
- "the factions remained quiet for almost 10 years"
- with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly')
- "her hands rested quietly in her lap"
- "sit here as quiet as you can"
- "the rock star was quietly led out the back door"
- a disposition free from stress or emotion
placidity, repose, serenity, serenity, tranquility, tranquility, tranquillity, tranquillity
- the absence of sound
- "he needed silence in order to sleep"
- "the street was quiet"
- an untroubled state; free from disturbances
tranquility, tranquility, tranquillity, tranquillity
- a period of calm weather
- "there was a lull in the storm"
- make calm or still
calm down, calm, lull, lull, quieten, still, still, tranquilize, tranquillise, tranquillize
- "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
- become quiet or quieter
hush, hush, pipe down, quiesce, quiet down, quieten
- "The audience fell silent when the speaker entered"
Ad-free experience & much more
Tips for Kannada language beginners
Ten most beautiful words in English
30 most commonly used idioms
French words used in English
What is another word for quiet ?
Words starting with
What is quiet meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase quiet refers to (of the sun) characterized by a low level of surface phenomena, such as sunspots, or (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves, or in a softened tone, or not showy or obtrusive, or free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound, or characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity, or with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly'), or a disposition free from stress or emotion, or make calm or still. See quiet meaning in Hindi, quiet definition, translation and meaning of quiet in Hindi. Find quiet similar words, quiet synonyms. Also learn quiet opposite words, quiet antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of quiet. Find the answer of what is the meaning of quiet in Hindi. देखें quiet का हिन्दी मतलब, quiet का मीनिंग, quiet का हिन्दी अर्थ, quiet का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "quiet"
What is quiet meaning in Hindi, quiet translation in Hindi, quiet definition, pronunciations and examples of quiet in Hindi. quiet का हिन्दी मीनिंग, quiet का हिन्दी अर्थ, quiet का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.