quiet - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, we could not find an exact match.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of quiet in English
- (of the sun) characterized by a low level of surface phenomena, such as sunspots.
- (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves.
placid, smooth, still, still, tranquil, unruffled
- "a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"
- "a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"
- "a smooth channel crossing"
- "scarcely a ripple on the still water"
- "the quiet waters of a lagoon"
- "unruffled water"
- in a softened tone.
hushed, muted, subdued
- "a quiet reprimand"
- "a subdued whisper"
- "hushed voices"
- "muted trumpets"
- not showy or obtrusive.
- "clothes in quiet good taste"
- free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound.
- "a quiet audience at the concert"
- "the room was dark and quiet"
- characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity.
- "a quiet life"
- "a quiet throng of onlookers"
- "quiet peace-loving people"
- "the factions remained quiet for almost 10 years"
- with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly').
- "her hands rested quietly in her lap"
- "sit here as quiet as you can"
- "the rock star was quietly led out the back door"
- a disposition free from stress or emotion.
placidity, repose, serenity, serenity, tranquility, tranquility, tranquillity, tranquillity
- the absence of sound.
- "he needed silence in order to sleep"
- "the street was quiet"
- an untroubled state; free from disturbances.
tranquility, tranquility, tranquillity, tranquillity
- a period of calm weather.
- "there was a lull in the storm"
- make calm or still.
calm down, calm, lull, lull, quieten, still, still, tranquilize, tranquillise, tranquillize
- "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
- become quiet or quieter.
hush, hush, pipe down, quiesce, quiet down, quieten
- "The audience fell silent when the speaker entered"
Ad-free experience & much more
Important words and phrases in Marathi (For beginners)
About quiet in Hindi
See quiet meaning in Hindi, quiet definition, translation and meaning of quiet in Hindi. Find quiet similar words, quiet synonyms. Also learn quiet opposite words, quiet antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of quiet. Find the answer of what is the meaning of quiet in Hindi. देेखें quiet का हिन्दी मतलब, quiet का मीनिंग, quiet का हिन्दी अर्थ, quiet का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "quiet"
What is quiet meaning in Hindi, quiet translation in Hindi, quiet definition, pronunciations and examples of quiet in Hindi. quiet का हिन्दी मीनिंग, quiet का हिन्दी अर्थ, quiet का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.