raise - Meaning in Hindi
- चढ़ाव(masc)चढ़ाई(fem)वेतन वृद्धि(fem)
raise Word Forms & Inflectionsraises (noun plural)
raised (verb past tense)
raising (verb present participle)
raises (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of raise in English
- increasing the size of a bet (as in poker)
- "I'll see your raise and double it"
- the amount a salary is increased
hike, hike, rise, rise, salary increase, wage hike, wage increase
- "he got a 3% raise"
- "he got a wage hike"
- an upward slope or grade (as in a road)
acclivity, ascent, climb, rise, rise, upgrade
- "the car couldn't make it up the rise"
- the act of raising something
- "fireman learn several different raises for getting ladders up"
- "he responded with a lift of his eyebrow"
- bet more than the previous player
- look after a child until it is an adult
bring up, nurture, parent, parent, rear
- "bring up children"
- "raise a family"
- bid (one's partner's suit) at a higher level
- summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
arouse, bring up, call down, call forth, conjure up, conjure, evoke, invoke, put forward, stir, stir
- "call down the spirits from the mountain"
- "he conjured wild birds in the air"
- "raise the specter of unemployment"
- construct, build, or erect
erect, put up, rear, set up
- "Raise a barn"
- cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
farm, grow, grow, produce
- "The Bordeaux region produces great red wines"
- "They produce good ham in Parma"
- "We grow wheat here"
- "We raise hogs here"
- create a disturbance, especially by making a great noise
- "raise Cain"
- "raise hell"
- "raise the roof"
- call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
arouse, elicit, enkindle, evoke, fire, fire, kindle, provoke
- "arouse pity"
- "evoke sympathy"
- "raise a smile"
- move upwards
- "lift one's eyes"
- raise from a lower to a higher position
bring up, elevate, get up, lift
- "Lift a load"
- "Raise your hands"
- cause to puff up with a leaven
- "unleavened bread"
- collect funds for a specific purpose
- "The President raised several million dollars for his college"
- give a promotion to or assign to a higher position
advance, elevate, kick upstairs, promote, upgrade
- "I got promoted after many years of hard work"
- "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired"
- "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms"
- cause to assemble or enlist in the military
levy, levy, recruit
- "raise an army"
- "recruit new soldiers"
- put forward for consideration or discussion
- "bring up an unpleasant topic"
- "raise the question of promotions"
- pronounce (vowels) by bringing the tongue closer to the roof of the mouth
- "raise your `o'"
- cause to be heard or known; express or utter
- "raise a protest"
- "raise a sad cry"
- "raise a shout"
- activate or stir up
- "raise a mutiny"
- establish radio communications with
- "They managed to raise Hanoi last night"
- multiply (a number) by itself a specified number of times: 8 is 2 raised to the power 3
- bring (a surface or a design) into relief and cause to project
- "raised edges"
- invigorate or heighten
- "lift his ego"
- "lift my spirits"
- raise in rank or condition
- "The new law lifted many people from poverty"
- put an end to
- "lift a ban"
- "raise a siege"
- "heighten the tension"
- "This will enhance your enjoyment"
- raise the level or amount of something
- "raise my salary"
- "raise the price of bread"
- cause to become alive again
- "raise from the dead"
- "Slavery is already dead, and cannot be resurrected"
- "Upraising ghosts"
Synonyms of raise
- heave, lift
- hike, rise, salary increase, wage hike, wage increase
- acclivity, ascent, climb, rise, upgrade
- resurrect, upraise
- enhance, heighten
- elevate, lift
- bring up
- levy, recruit
- arouse, bring up, call down, call forth, conjure, conjure up, evoke, invoke, put forward, stir
- erect, put up, rear, set up
- farm, grow, produce
- arouse, elicit, enkindle, evoke, fire, kindle, provoke
- bring up, elevate, get up, lift
- leaven, prove
- advance, elevate, kick upstairs, promote, upgrade
- bring up, nurture, parent, rear
Antonyms of raise
More matches for raise
Words starting with
What is raise meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase raise refers to increasing the size of a bet (as in poker), or the amount a salary is increased, or an upward slope or grade (as in a road), or the act of raising something, or bet more than the previous player, or look after a child until it is an adult. See raise meaning in Hindi, raise definition, translation and meaning of raise in Hindi. Find raise similar words, raise synonyms. Also learn raise opposite words, raise antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of raise. Find the answer of what is the meaning of raise in Hindi. देखें raise का हिन्दी मतलब, raise का मीनिंग, raise का हिन्दी अर्थ, raise का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "raise"
What is raise meaning in Hindi, raise translation in Hindi, raise definition, pronunciations and examples of raise in Hindi. raise का हिन्दी मीनिंग, raise का हिन्दी अर्थ, raise का हिन्दी अनुवादShabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.