saying - Meaning in Hindi
saying Word Forms & Inflections
Definitions and Meaning of saying in English
- a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations
expression, expression, locution
- "pardon the expression"
Synonyms of saying
A saying is any concise expression that is especially memorable because of its meaning or style. Sayings are categorized as follows:
- Aphorism: a general, observational truth; "a pithy expression of wisdom or truth".
- Adage, proverb, or saw: a widely known or popular aphorism that has gained credibility by long use or tradition.
- Apothegm: "an edgy, more cynical aphorism; such as, 'Men are generally more careful of the breed of their horses and dogs than of their children.'"
- Axiom: a proposition that commends itself to general acceptance; a well-established or universally conceded principle; a maxim, rule, or law.
- Cliché or bromide: an unoriginal and overused saying.
- Platitude: a cliché that is unsuccessfully presented as though it were meaningful, original, or effective.
- Epigram: a clever and often poetic written saying that comments on a specific person, idea, or thing; it especially denominates such a saying that is conspicuously put at the beginning of a text.
- Epitaph: a saying in honor of a decedent, often engraved on a headstone or plaque.
- Epithet: a descriptive word or saying already widely associated with a specific person, idea, or thing.
- Idiom, idiomatic phrase or, phraseme: a saying that has only a non-literal interpretation; "an expression whose meaning can't be derived simply by hearing it, such as 'kick the bucket.'"
- Four-character idiom:
- Chengyu: Chinese four-character idioms
- Sajaseong-eo: Korean form of four-character idioms
- Yojijukugo: Japanese form of four-character idioms
- Four-character idiom:
- Mantra: a religious, mystical, or other spiritual saying that is repeated, for example, in meditation.
- Maxim: (1) an instructional expression of a general principle or rule of morality or (2) simply a synonym for "aphorism"; they include:
- Legal maxim
- Motto: a saying used frequently by a person or group to summarize its general mission.
- Credo: a motto implicitly or explicitly extended to express a larger belief system.
- Slogan: a motto with the goal of persuading.
- Quip: a clever or humorous saying based on an observation.
- Witticism: a saying that is clever and usually humorous and that is notable for its form or style just as much as, or more than, its meaning.
संस्कृत में न्याय का एक अर्थ समानता, सादृश्य, लोकरूढ़ नीतिवाक्य, उपयुक्त दृष्टान्त, निर्देशना आदि होता है। अर्थात् कोई विलक्षण घटना सूचित करनेवाली उक्ति जो उपस्थित बात पर घटती हो, 'न्याय' कहलाती है। ऐसे दृष्टान्त वाक्यों का व्यवहार लोक में कोई प्रसंग आ पड़ने पर होता है।Also see "Saying" on Wikipedia
More matches for saying
|saying something||कुछ कहना|
|saying anything||कुछ कहना|
|saying goes||कहते हैं|
|saying good||अच्छा कहना|
|saying goodbye||अलविदा कहना|
|saying thank||धन्यवाद कहना|
|saying among||यह कहना|
|saying simply||बस कहना|
|saying without||बिना बताए|
|saying right||सही कहा|
Words starting with
What is saying meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase saying refers to a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations. See saying meaning in Hindi, saying definition, translation and meaning of saying in Hindi. Find saying similar words, saying synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of saying. Find the answer of what is the meaning of saying in Hindi. देखें saying का हिन्दी मतलब, saying का मीनिंग, saying का हिन्दी अर्थ, saying का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "saying"
What is saying meaning in Hindi, saying translation in Hindi, saying definition, pronunciations and examples of saying in Hindi. saying का हिन्दी मीनिंग, saying का हिन्दी अर्थ, saying का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more