serve - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of serve in English
- (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play
- "his powerful serves won the game"
- put the ball into play
- "It was Agassi's turn to serve"
- do duty or hold offices; serve in a specific function
- "He served as head of the department for three years"
- "She served in Congress for two terms"
- provide (usually but not necessarily food)
dish out, dish up, dish, serve up
- "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."
- "The entertainers served up a lively show"
- "We serve meals for the homeless"
- help to some food; help with food or drink
- "I served him three times, and after that he helped himself"
- mate with
- "male animals serve the females for breeding purposes"
- deliver a warrant or summons to someone
process, swear out
- "He was processed by the sheriff"
- do military service
- "My sons never served, because they are short-sighted"
- "She served in Vietnam"
- work for or be a servant to
assist, attend to, attend, wait on
- "Can you wait on our table, please?"
- "Is a salesperson assisting you?"
- "May I serve you?"
- "She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"
- "The minister served the King for many years"
- be used by; as of a utility
- "The garage served to shelter his horses"
- "The sewage plant served the neighboring communities"
- devote (part of) one's life or efforts to, as of countries, institutions, or ideas
- "He served the church"
- "serve the country"
- "She served the art of music"
- be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity
answer, do, do, suffice
- "A few words would answer"
- "A `B' grade doesn't suffice to get me into medical school"
- "Nothing else will serve"
- "This car suits my purpose well"
- "Will $100 do?"
- contribute or conduce to
- "The scandal served to increase his popularity"
- promote, benefit, or be useful or beneficial to
- "Art serves commerce"
- "The lake serves recreation"
- "The President's wisdom has served the country well"
- "Their interests are served"
- serve a purpose, role, or function
- "His freedom served him well"
- "The female students served as a control group"
- "The table functions as a desk"
- "The tree stump serves as a table"
- "This table would serve very well"
- spend time in prison or in a labor camp
- "He did six years for embezzlement"
Ad-free experience & much more
Words starting with
What is serve meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase serve refers to (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play, or put the ball into play, or do duty or hold offices; serve in a specific function, or provide (usually but not necessarily food), or help to some food; help with food or drink, or mate with. See serve meaning in Hindi, serve definition, translation and meaning of serve in Hindi. Find serve similar words, serve synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of serve. Find the answer of what is the meaning of serve in Hindi. देखें serve का हिन्दी मतलब, serve का मीनिंग, serve का हिन्दी अर्थ, serve का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "serve"
What is serve meaning in Hindi, serve translation in Hindi, serve definition, pronunciations and examples of serve in Hindi. serve का हिन्दी मीनिंग, serve का हिन्दी अर्थ, serve का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.