sign - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of sign in English
- used of the language of the deaf
gestural, sign-language, signed
- (medicine) any objective evidence of the presence of a disorder or disease
- "there were no signs of asphyxiation"
- structure displaying a board on which advertisements can be posted
- "the highway was lined with signboards"
- having an indicated pole (as the distinction between positive and negative electric charges)
- "charges of opposite sign"
- "he got the polarity of the battery reversed"
- (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided
house, house, mansion, planetary house, sign of the zodiac, star sign
- an event that is experienced as indicating important things to come
augury, foretoken, preindication
- "he hoped it was an augury"
- "it was a sign from God"
- a fundamental linguistic unit linking a signifier to that which is signified
- "The bond between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary"
- a gesture that is part of a sign language
- a character indicating a relation between quantities
- "don't forget the minus sign"
- a public display of a message
- "he posted signs in all the shop windows"
- any nonverbal action or gesture that encodes a message
- "signals from the boat suddenly stopped"
- a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened)
- "he showed signs of strain"
- "they welcomed the signs of spring"
- make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate
- be engaged by a written agreement
- "He signed to play the casino on Dec. 18"
- "The soprano signed to sing the new opera"
- communicate in sign language
- "I don't know how to sign, so I could not communicate with my deaf cousin"
- mark with one's signature; write one's name (on)
- "Please sign here"
- "She signed the letter and sent it off"
- communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs
signal, signalise, signalize
- "He signed his disapproval with a dismissive hand gesture"
- "The diner signaled the waiters to bring the menu"
- place signs, as along a road
- "sign an intersection"
- "This road has been signed"
- engage by written agreement
contract, sign on, sign up, sign up
- "They signed two new pitchers for the next season"
- approve and express assent, responsibility, or obligation
- "All parties ratified the peace treaty"
- "Have you signed your contract yet?"
A sign is an object, quality, event, or entity whose presence or occurrence indicates the probable presence or occurrence of something else. A natural sign bears a causal relation to its object—for instance, thunder is a sign of storm, or medical symptoms a sign of disease. A conventional sign signifies by agreement, as a full stop signifies the end of a sentence; similarly the words and expressions of a language, as well as bodily gestures, can be regarded as signs, expressing particular meanings. The physical objects most commonly referred to as signs generally inform or instruct using written text, symbols, pictures or a combination of these.Also see "Sign" on Wikipedia
Words starting with
What is sign meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase sign refers to used of the language of the deaf, or (medicine) any objective evidence of the presence of a disorder or disease, or structure displaying a board on which advertisements can be posted, or having an indicated pole (as the distinction between positive and negative electric charges), or (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided, or an event that is experienced as indicating important things to come, or make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate. See sign meaning in Hindi, sign definition, translation and meaning of sign in Hindi. Find sign similar words, sign synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of sign. Find the answer of what is the meaning of sign in Hindi. देखें sign का हिन्दी मतलब, sign का मीनिंग, sign का हिन्दी अर्थ, sign का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "sign"
What is sign meaning in Hindi, sign translation in Hindi, sign definition, pronunciations and examples of sign in Hindi. sign का हिन्दी मीनिंग, sign का हिन्दी अर्थ, sign का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more