slip - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of slip in English
- a minor inadvertent mistake usually observed in speech or writing or in small accidents or memory lapses etc.
miscue, parapraxis, slip-up
- potter's clay that is thinned and used for coating or decorating ceramics
- a part (sometimes a root or leaf or bud) removed from a plant to propagate a new plant through rooting or grafting
- a young and slender person
- "he's a mere slip of a lad"
- a place where a craft can be made fast
berth, moorage, mooring
- an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall
- "he blamed his slip on the ice"
- "the jolt caused many slips and a few spills"
- a slippery smoothness
slick, slickness, slipperiness
- "he could feel the slickness of the tiller"
- artifact consisting of a narrow flat piece of material
- a woman's sleeveless undergarment
chemise, shift, shimmy, teddy, teddy
- bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow
case, case, case, pillow slip, pillowcase
- "the burglar carried his loot in a pillowcase"
- an unexpected slide
- a flight maneuver; aircraft slides sideways in the air
- a socially awkward or tactless act
faux pas, gaffe, gaucherie, solecism
- the act of avoiding capture (especially by cunning)
- a small sheet of paper
slip of paper
- "a receipt slip"
- "a withdrawal slip"
- pass on stealthily
- "He slipped me the key when nobody was looking"
- move easily
- "slip into something comfortable"
- cause to move with a smooth or sliding motion
- "he slipped the bolt into place"
- move smoothly and easily
- "the bolt slipped into place"
- "water slipped from the polished marble"
- move stealthily
- "The ship slipped away in the darkness"
- move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
skid, slew, slide, slue
- "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
- to make a mistake or be incorrect
- pass out of one's memory
slip one's mind
- move out of position
dislocate, luxate, splay
- "dislocate joints"
- "the artificial hip joint luxated and had to be put back surgically"
- get worse
drop away, drop off, fall away
- "My grades are slipping"
- insert inconspicuously or quickly or quietly
- "He slipped some money into the waiter's hand"
Words starting with
What is slip meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase slip refers to a minor inadvertent mistake usually observed in speech or writing or in small accidents or memory lapses etc., or potter's clay that is thinned and used for coating or decorating ceramics, or a part (sometimes a root or leaf or bud) removed from a plant to propagate a new plant through rooting or grafting, or a young and slender person, or a place where a craft can be made fast, or an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall, or pass on stealthily. See slip meaning in Hindi, slip definition, translation and meaning of slip in Hindi. Find slip similar words, slip synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of slip. Find the answer of what is the meaning of slip in Hindi. देखें slip का हिन्दी मतलब, slip का मीनिंग, slip का हिन्दी अर्थ, slip का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "slip"
What is slip meaning in Hindi, slip translation in Hindi, slip definition, pronunciations and examples of slip in Hindi. slip का हिन्दी मीनिंग, slip का हिन्दी अर्थ, slip का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more