stain - Meaning in Hindi
stain - Meaning in Hindi
stain Word Forms & Inflections
stained (verb past tense)
staining (verb present participle)
stains (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of stain in English
- an act that brings discredit to the person who does it
blot, smear, smirch, spot, spot
- "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
- a soiled or discolored appearance
- "the wine left a dark stain"
- a symbol of disgrace or infamy
brand, brand, mark, mark, stigma
- "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"
- the state of being covered with unclean things
dirt, dirt, filth, grease, grime, grunge, soil
- (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible
- color for microscopic study
- "The laboratory worker dyed the specimen"
- color with a liquid dye or tint
- "people knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages"
- "Stain this table a beautiful walnut color"
- produce or leave stains
- "Red wine stains the table cloth"
- make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically
defile, maculate, sully, sully, tarnish
- "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man"
- "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air"
Synonyms of stain
- blot, smear, smirch, spot
- discoloration, discolouration
- brand, mark, stigma
- dirt, filth, grease, grime, grunge, soil
- defile, maculate, sully, tarnish
A stain is a discoloration that can be clearly distinguished from the surface, material, or medium it is found upon. They are caused by the chemical or physical interaction of two dissimilar materials. Accidental staining may make materials appear used, degraded or permanently unclean. Intentional staining is used in biochemical research and for artistic effect, such as wood staining, rust staining and stained glass.
दाग एक मलिनकिरण है जिसे किसी सतह, सामग्री या माध्यम से स्पष्ट रूप से अलग किया जा सकता है। वे दो अलग-अलग सामग्रियों के रासायनिक या शारीरिक संपर्क के कारण होते हैं।Also see "Stain" on Wikipedia
More matches for stain
Ad-free experience & much more
Using simple present tense
Reasons to learn an Indian language
What is another word for stain ?
Words starting with
What is stain meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase stain refers to an act that brings discredit to the person who does it, or a soiled or discolored appearance, or a symbol of disgrace or infamy, or the state of being covered with unclean things, or (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible, or color for microscopic study. See stain meaning in Hindi, stain definition, translation and meaning of stain in Hindi. Find stain similar words, stain synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of stain. Find the answer of what is the meaning of stain in Hindi. देखें stain का हिन्दी मतलब, stain का मीनिंग, stain का हिन्दी अर्थ, stain का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "stain"
What is stain meaning in Hindi, stain translation in Hindi, stain definition, pronunciations and examples of stain in Hindi. stain का हिन्दी मीनिंग, stain का हिन्दी अर्थ, stain का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.