start - Meaning in Hindi
start - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of start in English
- a turn to be a starter (in a game at the beginning)
- "he got his start because one of the regular pitchers was in the hospital"
- "his starting meant that the coach thought he was one of their best linemen"
- a sudden involuntary movement
jump, jump, startle
- "he awoke with a start"
- the advantage gained by beginning early (as in a race)
- "with an hour's start he will be hard to catch"
- a signal to begin (as in a race)
- "the runners awaited the start"
- "the starting signal was a green light"
- the beginning of anything
- "it was off to a good start"
- a line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game
scratch line, scratch, scratch, starting line
- the time at which something is supposed to begin
beginning, commencement, first, get-go, kickoff, offset, outset, showtime, starting time
- "she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
- "they got an early start"
- the act of starting something
- "he was responsible for the beginning of negotiations"
- have a beginning characterized in some specified way
- "Her day begins with a workout"
- "My property begins with the three maple trees"
- "The novel begins with a murder"
- "The semester begins with a convocation ceremony"
- have a beginning, in a temporal, spatial, or evaluative sense
- "Prices for these homes start at $250,000"
- "The DMZ begins right over the hill"
- "The second movement begins after the Allegro"
- begin an event that is implied and limited by the nature or inherent function of the direct object
- "begin a cigar"
- "She started the soup while it was still hot"
- "We started physics in 10th grade"
- begin work or acting in a certain capacity, office or job
- "start a new job"
- "Take up a position"
- bulge outward
bug out, bulge out, bulge, bulge, come out, pop out, pop, pop, pop, protrude
- "His eyes popped"
depart, part, set forth, set off, set out, start out, take off
- "The family took off for Florida"
- move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm
jump, jump, startle
- "She startled when I walked into the room"
- begin or set in motion
get going, go, go
- "I start at eight in the morning"
- "Ready, set, go!"
- get going or set in motion
- "start up the computer"
- "We simply could not start the engine"
- get off the ground
commence, embark on, start up
- "I start my day with a good breakfast"
- "The afternoon session begins at 4 PM"
- "The blood shed started when the partisans launched a surprise attack"
- "We began the new semester"
- "We embarked on an exciting enterprise"
- "Who started this company?"
- bring into being
- "He initiated a new program"
- "Start a foundation"
- play in the starting lineup
- set in motion, cause to start
begin, begin, commence, lead off
- "begin a new chapter in your life"
- "The Iraqis began hostilities"
- "The U.S. started a war in the Middle East"
- take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
begin, begin, commence, get down, get, set about, set out, start out
- "Get working as soon as the sun rises!"
- "He began early in the day"
- "Let's get down to work now"
- "The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"
- "We began working at dawn"
- "Who will start?"
Ad-free experience & much more
Types of sentences
Tips to improve your spellings
What is another word for start ?
Words starting with
What is start meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase start refers to a turn to be a starter (in a game at the beginning), or a sudden involuntary movement, or the advantage gained by beginning early (as in a race), or a signal to begin (as in a race), or the beginning of anything, or a line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game, or have a beginning characterized in some specified way. See start meaning in Hindi, start definition, translation and meaning of start in Hindi. Find start similar words, start synonyms. Also learn start opposite words, start antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of start. Find the answer of what is the meaning of start in Hindi. देखें start का हिन्दी मतलब, start का मीनिंग, start का हिन्दी अर्थ, start का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "start"
What is start meaning in Hindi, start translation in Hindi, start definition, pronunciations and examples of start in Hindi. start का हिन्दी मीनिंग, start का हिन्दी अर्थ, start का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.