still - Meaning in Hindi
still - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of still in English
- not sparkling
- "a still wine"
- "still mineral water"
- marked by absence of sound
- "a silent house"
- "soundless footsteps on the grass"
- "the night was still"
- used of pictures; of a single or static photograph not presented so as to create the illusion of motion; or representing objects not capable of motion
- "a still photograph"
- "Cezanne's still life of apples"
- not in physical motion
inactive, motionless, static
- "the inertia of an object at rest"
- (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves
placid, quiet, smooth, tranquil, unruffled
- "a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"
- "a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"
- "a smooth channel crossing"
- "scarcely a ripple on the still water"
- "the quiet waters of a lagoon"
- "unruffled water"
- free from noticeable current
- "a still pond"
- "still waters run deep"
- without moving or making a sound
- "he couldn't hold still any longer"
- "he sat still as a statue"
- "they waited stock-still outside the door"
- "time stood still"
- with reference to action or condition; without change, interruption, or cessation
- "it's still warm outside"
- "will you still love me when we're old and grey?"
- despite anything to the contrary (usually preceding a concession)
all the same, at the same time, even so, however, nevertheless, nonetheless, notwithstanding, withal, yet
- "although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"
- "granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
- "he was a stern yet fair master"
- "while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"
- to a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons
even, even, yet
- "a yet sadder tale"
- "an even (or still) more interesting problem"
- "looked sick and felt even worse"
- "still another problem must be solved"
- (poetic) tranquil silence
hush, hush, stillness
- "the still of the night"
- a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes)
- "he wanted some stills for a magazine ad"
- an apparatus used for the distillation of liquids; consists of a vessel in which a substance is vaporized by heat and a condenser where the vapor is condensed
- a plant and works where alcoholic drinks are made by distillation
- lessen the intensity of or calm
allay, ease, relieve
- "still the fears"
- "The news eased my conscience"
- make calm or still
calm down, calm, lull, lull, quiet, quieten, tranquilize, tranquillise, tranquillize
- "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
- make motionless
- cause to be quiet or not talk
hush up, hush, hush, quieten, shut up, silence
- "Please silence the children in the church!"
A still is an apparatus used to distill liquid mixtures by heating to selectively boil and then cooling to condense the vapor. A still uses the same concepts as a basic distillation apparatus, but on a much larger scale. Stills have been used to produce perfume and medicine, water for injection (WFI) for pharmaceutical use, generally to separate and purify different chemicals, and to produce distilled beverages containing ethanol.
भभका एक उपकरण है जिसका प्रयोग मिश्रय और अमिश्रय तरल मिश्रणों के आसवन हेतु किया जाता है । पहले इन मिश्रणों को चयनात्मक रूप से उबाला जाता है फिर इनकी वाष्प को ठंडा कर संघनित किया जाता है। भभके का प्रयोग के इत्र और औषधि निर्माण, औषधीय प्रयोजनों हेतु इंजेक्शन जल (WFI), विभिन्न रसायनों के शुद्धीकरण और पृथ्क्करण के लिए किया जाता है पर इसका सबसे प्रसिद्ध उपयोग एथिल अल्कोहल युक्त आसुत पेय पदार्थों का उत्पादन है।Also see "Still" on Wikipedia
Ad-free experience & much more
Important words and phrases in Marathi (For beginners)
30 most commonly used idioms
Writing complex sentences in English (For beginners)
What is another word for still ?
Words starting with
What is still meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase still refers to not sparkling, or marked by absence of sound, or used of pictures; of a single or static photograph not presented so as to create the illusion of motion; or representing objects not capable of motion, or not in physical motion, or (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves, or free from noticeable current, or without moving or making a sound, or (poetic) tranquil silence, or lessen the intensity of or calm. See still meaning in Hindi, still definition, translation and meaning of still in Hindi. Find still similar words, still synonyms. Also learn still opposite words, still antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of still. Find the answer of what is the meaning of still in Hindi. देखें still का हिन्दी मतलब, still का मीनिंग, still का हिन्दी अर्थ, still का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "still"
What is still meaning in Hindi, still translation in Hindi, still definition, pronunciations and examples of still in Hindi. still का हिन्दी मीनिंग, still का हिन्दी अर्थ, still का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.