stop - Meaning in Hindi
stop - Meaning in Hindi
stop Word Forms & Inflections
stopped (verb past tense)
stopping (verb present participle)
stops (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of stop in English
- the act of stopping something
ठहराव, रुकाव, रोक, रोकना, विराम
- "his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood"
- "the third baseman made some remarkable stops"
- an obstruction in a pipe or tube
पाइप या नली मे...Premium
block, block, blockage, closure, occlusion, stoppage
- "we had to call a plumber to clear out the blockage in the drainpipe"
- a restraint that checks the motion of something
- "he used a book as a stop to hold the door open"
- a mechanical device in a camera that controls size of aperture of the lens
- "the new cameras adjust the diaphragm automatically"
- (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes
- "the organist pulled out all the stops"
- a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations
full point, full stop, period, point, point
- "in England they call a period a stop"
- a consonant produced by stopping the flow of air at some point and suddenly releasing it
occlusive, plosive consonant, plosive speech sound, plosive, stop consonant
- "his stop consonants are too aspirated"
- the event of something ending
- "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill"
- a spot where something halts or pauses
- "his next stop is Atlanta"
- the state of inactivity following an interruption
arrest, check, halt, hitch, stay, stoppage
- "during the halt he got some lunch"
- "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
- "held them in check"
- "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"
- "the negotiations were in arrest"
- a brief stay in the course of a journey
- "they made a stopover to visit their friends"
- put an end to a state or an activity
cease, discontinue, give up, lay off, quit
- "Quit teasing your little brother"
- have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
cease, end, end, end, finish, terminate
- "My property ends by the bushes"
- "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"
- "The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
- "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"
- stop from happening or developing
block, block, halt, kibosh
- "Block his election"
- "Halt the process"
- interrupt a trip
- "they stopped for three days in Florence"
- "we stopped at Aunt Mary's house"
- come to a halt, stop moving
- "She stopped in front of a store window"
- "the car stopped"
- cause to stop
- "stop a car"
- "stop the thief"
- render unsuitable for passage
bar, bar, bar, bar, barricade, block off, block up, block, block, blockade
- "barricade the streets"
- "block the way"
- "stop the busy road"
- seize on its way
- "The fighter plane was ordered to intercept an aircraft that had entered the country's airspace"
- hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
arrest, check, contain, hold back, turn back
- "Arrest the downward trend"
- "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"
- "Contain the rebel movement"
- "Turn back the tide of communism"
- stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments
- "Hold on a moment!"
- prevent completion
break off, break, discontinue
- "break off the negotiations"
- "stop the project"
Synonyms of stop
- layover, stopover
- block, blockage, closure, occlusion, stoppage
- full point, full stop, period, point
- occlusive, plosive, plosive consonant, plosive speech sound, stop consonant
- arrest, check, halt, hitch, stay, stoppage
- break, break off, discontinue
- hold on
- arrest, check, contain, hold back, turn back
- bar, barricade, block, block off, block up, blockade
- stop over
- block, halt, kibosh
- cease, end, finish, terminate
- cease, discontinue, give up, lay off, quit
Antonyms of stop
start, start up, get going, go
More matches for stop
|stopcock||नल की टोटी|
|stopped short||बंद होना|
|stop short||छोटा होना|
|stopped suddenly||अचानक बंद|
|stoppered bottle||बंद बोतल|
|stopping short||कम होना|
|stopping point||रोक बिंदु|
|stopped work||रुके काम|
|stopped playing||खेलना बन्द|
|stopped using||उपयोग बंद|
Ad-free experience & much more
Shakespearean phrases that are used even today
Origin of Sanskrit
20 important phrases to learn in Hindi
What is another word for stop ?
Words starting with
What is stop meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase stop refers to the act of stopping something, or an obstruction in a pipe or tube, or a restraint that checks the motion of something, or a mechanical device in a camera that controls size of aperture of the lens, or (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes, or a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations, or put an end to a state or an activity. See stop meaning in Hindi, stop definition, translation and meaning of stop in Hindi. Find stop similar words, stop synonyms. Also learn stop opposite words, stop antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of stop. Find the answer of what is the meaning of stop in Hindi. देखें stop का हिन्दी मतलब, stop का मीनिंग, stop का हिन्दी अर्थ, stop का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "stop"
What is stop meaning in Hindi, stop translation in Hindi, stop definition, pronunciations and examples of stop in Hindi. stop का हिन्दी मीनिंग, stop का हिन्दी अर्थ, stop का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.