hard - Meaning in Kannada
hard Word Forms & Inflections
Definitions and Meaning of hard in English
- characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort
arduous, backbreaking, grueling, gruelling, heavy, heavy, laborious, operose, punishing, toilsome
- "a grueling campaign"
- "hard labor"
- "heavy going"
- "heavy work"
- "set a punishing pace"
- "spent many laborious hours on the project"
- "worked their arduous way up the mining valley"
- very strong or vigorous
- "a hard left to the chin"
- "a knockout punch"
- "a severe blow"
- "strong winds"
- produced without vibration of the vocal cords
surd, unvoiced, voiceless
- "unvoiced consonants such as `p' and `k' and `s'"
- given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors
heavy, heavy, intemperate
- "a hard drinker"
- being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content
- "hard liquor"
- (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source
- (of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward or touching the velum
- "Russian distinguished between hard consonants and palatalized or soft consonants"
- "a hard bargainer"
- "took a hard look"
- resisting weight or pressure
- unfortunate or hard to bear
- "a tough break"
- "had hard luck"
- dried out
- "hard dry rolls left over from the day before"
- not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure
- "a difficult task"
- "difficult times"
- "nesting places on the cliffs are difficult of access"
- "why is it so hard for you to keep a secret?"
- with effort or force or vigor
- "hit the ball hard"
- "pressed hard on the lever"
- "slammed the door hard"
- "the team played hard"
- "worked hard all day"
- to the full extent possible; all the way
- "hard alee"
- "swung the wheel hard left"
- "the ship went hard astern"
- slowly and with difficulty
- "he was so dizzy he could hardly stand up straight"
- "prejudices die hard"
- causing great damage or hardship
- "industries hit hard by the depression"
- "she was severely affected by the bank's failure"
- with firmness
- "held hard to the railing"
- earnestly or intently
- "stared hard at the accused"
- "thought hard about it"
- with pain or distress or bitterness
- "he took the rejection very hard"
- very near or close in space or time
- "a strike followed hard upon the plant's opening"
- "it stands hard by the railroad tracks"
- "they were hard on his heels"
- into a solid condition
- "concrete that sets hard within a few hours"
- indulging excessively
- "he drank heavily"
Synonyms of hard
- arduous, backbreaking, grueling, gruelling, heavy, laborious, operose, punishing, toilsome
- heavy, intemperate
- surd, unvoiced, voiceless
- knockout, severe
- heavily, intemperately
Antonyms of hard
More matches for hard
hard words ಕಠಿಣ ಪದಗಳನ್ನು hard time ಹಾರ್ಡ್ ಸಮಯ hard work ಹಾರ್ಡ್ ವರ್ಕ್ hard disk ಹಾರ್ಡ್ ಡಿಸ್ಕ್ hard drive ಹಾರ್ಡ್ ಡ್ರೈವ್ hard labor ಕಠಿಣ ಪರಿಶ್ರಮ hard rock ಹಾರ್ಡ್ ರಾಕ್ hard pressed ಹಾರ್ಡ್ ಒತ್ತಿ hard thing ಹಾರ್ಡ್ ವಿಷಯ hard winter ತೀವ್ರ ಚಳಿಗಾಲದ
Words starting with
What is hard meaning in Kannada?
The word or phrase hard refers to characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort, or very strong or vigorous, or produced without vibration of the vocal cords, or given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors, or being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content, or (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source, or with effort or force or vigor. See hard meaning in Kannada, hard definition, translation and meaning of hard in Kannada. Find hard similar words, hard synonyms. Also learn hard opposite words, hard antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of hard. Find the answer of what is the meaning of hard in Kannada.
Other languages: hard meaning in Hindi
Tags for the entry "hard"
What is hard meaning in Kannada, hard translation in Kannada, hard definition, pronunciations and examples of hard in Kannada.Shabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.