tough - Meaning in Kannada
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of tough in English
- feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad')
- "he was feeling tough after a restless night"
- "my throat feels bad"
- "she felt bad all over"
- substantially made or constructed
- "a tough all-weather fabric"
- "some plastics are as tough as metal"
- "sturdy canvas"
- "sturdy steel shelves"
- making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve or believe
baffling, elusive, knotty, problematic, problematical
- "a baffling problem"
- "a problematic situation at home"
- "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"
- very difficult; severely testing stamina or resolution
- "a rugged competitive examination"
- "it was a tough job"
- "it's a tough life"
- "the competition was tough"
- "the rugged conditions of frontier life"
- unfortunate or hard to bear
- "a tough break"
- "had hard luck"
- resistant to cutting or chewing
- physically toughened
- "the tough bottoms of his feet"
- not given to gentleness or sentimentality
- "a tough character"
- violent and lawless
- "the more ruffianly element"
- "tough street gangs"
- a cruel and brutal fellow
bully, bully, hooligan, roughneck, rowdy, ruffian, yob, yob, yobbo, yobo
- an aggressive and violent young criminal
goon, hood, hood, hoodlum, punk, strong-armer, thug, toughie
- someone who learned to fight in the streets rather than being formally trained in the sport of boxing
Words starting with
What is tough meaning in Kannada?
The word or phrase tough refers to feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad'), or substantially made or constructed, or making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve or believe, or very difficult; severely testing stamina or resolution, or unfortunate or hard to bear, or resistant to cutting or chewing, or a cruel and brutal fellow. See tough meaning in Kannada, tough definition, translation and meaning of tough in Kannada. Find tough similar words, tough synonyms. Also learn tough opposite words, tough antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of tough. Find the answer of what is the meaning of tough in Kannada.
Other languages: tough meaning in Hindi
Tags for the entry "tough"
What is tough meaning in Kannada, tough translation in Kannada, tough definition, pronunciations and examples of tough in Kannada.
Ad-free experience & much more