hook - Meaning in Malayalam
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of hook in English
- a short swinging punch delivered from the side with the elbow bent
- a golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer
- "he took lessons to cure his hooking"
- a curved or bent implement for suspending or pulling something
- a mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something
- a catch for locking a door
- anything that serves as an enticement
bait, come-on, lure, sweetener
- a sharp curve or crook; a shape resembling a hook
- a basketball shot made over the head with the hand that is farther from the basket
- take by theft
cop, cop, cop, glom, knock off, snitch, thieve
- "Someone snitched my wallet!"
- rip off; ask an unreasonable price
fleece, fleece, gazump, overcharge, pluck, plume, plume, rob, rob, rob, soak, surcharge
- make off with belongings of others
abstract, cabbage, filch, lift, nobble, pilfer, pinch, purloin, snarf, sneak, swipe
- make a piece of needlework by interlocking and looping thread with a hooked needle
- "She sat there crocheting all day"
- hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels to the left
- hit with a hook
- "His opponent hooked him badly"
- catch with a hook
- "hook a fish"
- fasten with a hook
- to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
- secure with the foot
- "hook the ball"
- entice and trap
- "The car salesman had snared three potential customers"
- approach with an offer of sexual favors
- "he was solicited by a prostitute"
- "The young man was caught soliciting in the park"
A hook is a tool consisting of a length of material, typically metal, that contains a portion that is curved/bent back or has a deeply grooved indentation, which serves to grab, latch or in any way attach itself onto another object. The hook's design allows traction forces to be relayed through the curved/indented portion to and from the proximal end of the hook, which is either a straight shaft or a ring for attachment to a thread, rope or chain, providing a reversible attachment between two objects.Also see "Hook" on Wikipedia
Words starting with
What is hook meaning in Malayalam?
The word or phrase hook refers to a short swinging punch delivered from the side with the elbow bent, or a golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer, or a curved or bent implement for suspending or pulling something, or a mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something, or a catch for locking a door, or anything that serves as an enticement, or take by theft. See hook meaning in Malayalam, hook definition, translation and meaning of hook in Malayalam. Find hook similar words, hook synonyms. Also learn hook opposite words, hook antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of hook. Find the answer of what is the meaning of hook in Malayalam.
Other languages: hook meaning in Hindi
Tags for the entry "hook"
What is hook meaning in Malayalam, hook translation in Malayalam, hook definition, pronunciations and examples of hook in Malayalam.
Ad-free experience & much more