twist - Meaning in Kannada
twist Word Forms & Inflectionstwists (noun plural)
twisted (verb past tense)
twisting (verb present participle)
twists (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of twist in English
- the act of rotating rapidly
spin, twirl, twisting, whirl
- "he gave the crank a spin"
- "it broke off after much twisting"
- a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments
pull, wrench, wrench
- "he was sidelined with a hamstring pull"
- "the wrench to his knee occurred as he fell"
- a sharp bend in a line produced when a line having a loop is pulled tight
- a circular segment of a curve
bend, bend, crook, turn
- "a bend in the road"
- "a crook in the path"
- a miniature whirlpool or whirlwind resulting when the current of a fluid doubles back on itself
- an unforeseen development
turn of events, turn
- "events suddenly took an awkward turn"
- a jerky pulling movement
- an interpretation of a text or action
- "they put an unsympathetic construction on his conduct"
- a hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair
braid, plait, tress
- social dancing in which couples vigorously twist their hips and arms in time to the music; was popular in the 1960s
- "they liked to dance the twist"
- the act of winding or twisting
wind, wind, winding
- "he put the key in the old clock and gave it a good wind"
- turning or twisting around (in place)
- "with a quick twist of his head he surveyed the room"
- any clever maneuver
- "a cheap promotions gimmick for greedy businessmen"
- "he would stoop to any device to win a point"
- "it was a great sales gimmick"
- twist suddenly so as to sprain
rick, rick, sprain, turn, wrench, wrench, wrick
- "I turned my ankle and couldn't walk for several days"
- "the hikers sprained their ankles when they fell"
- "The wrestler twisted his shoulder"
- "wrench one's ankle"
- form into twists
- "Twist the strips of dough"
- practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive
convolute, pervert, pervert, sophisticate, twist around
- "Don't twist my words"
- turn in the opposite direction
- "twist one's head"
- form into a spiral shape
- "The cord is all twisted"
- cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
bend, bend, deform, flex, turn
- "bend the rod"
- "the strong man could turn an iron bar"
- "twist the dough into a braid"
- twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates
- "a deep sigh was wrenched from his chest"
- "wrench a window off its hinges"
- "wrench oneself free from somebody's grip"
- to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
squirm, worm, worm, wrestle, wriggle, writhe
- "The child tried to wriggle free from his aunt's embrace"
- "The prisoner writhed in discomfort"
- do the twist
- extend in curves and turns
curve, wind, wind
- "the path twisted through the forest"
- "The road winds around the lake"
Synonyms of twist
- device, gimmick
- spin, twirl, twisting, whirl
- wind, winding
- braid, plait, tress
- turn, turn of events
- bend, crook, turn
- kink, twirl
- pull, wrench
- rick, sprain, turn, wrench, wrick
- convolute, pervert, sophisticate, twist around
- distort, twine
- bend, deform, flex, turn
- squirm, worm, wrestle, wriggle, writhe
- curve, wind
Antonyms of twist
More matches for twist
twisted harder ಮತ್ತಷ್ಟು ಕಠಿಣ twister ಅಪ್ರಾಮಾಣಿಕ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಿ twister ವಂಚಕ twisted together ಒಟ್ಟಿಗೆ ಹೆಣೆದ twisted like ತಿರುಚಿದ ರೀತಿ twisted form ತಿರುಚಿದ ರೂಪ twisted logic ಗೊಂದಲ ತರ್ಕ twisted linen ತಿರುಚಿದ ನಾರು twisted behind ಹಿಂದೆ ತಿರುಚಿದ twisted version ತಿರುಚಿದ ಆವೃತ್ತಿ
Words starting with
What is twist meaning in Kannada?
The word or phrase twist refers to the act of rotating rapidly, or a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments, or a sharp bend in a line produced when a line having a loop is pulled tight, or a circular segment of a curve, or a miniature whirlpool or whirlwind resulting when the current of a fluid doubles back on itself, or an unforeseen development, or twist suddenly so as to sprain. See twist meaning in Kannada, twist definition, translation and meaning of twist in Kannada. Find twist similar words, twist synonyms. Also learn twist opposite words, twist antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of twist. Find the answer of what is the meaning of twist in Kannada.
Other languages: twist meaning in Hindi
Tags for the entry "twist"
What is twist meaning in Kannada, twist translation in Kannada, twist definition, pronunciations and examples of twist in Kannada.Shabdkosh Premium
Ad-free experience & much more
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Liked WordsLogin to get your liked words.