rest - Meaning in Hindi
rest - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of rest in English
- a support on which things can be put
- "the gun was steadied on a special rest"
- a musical notation indicating a silence of a specified duration
- something left after other parts have been taken away
balance, balance, remainder, residual, residue, residuum
- "he threw away the rest"
- "he took what he wanted and I got the balance"
- "there was no remainder"
- euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb)
eternal rest, eternal sleep, quietus, sleep, sleep
- "she was laid to rest beside her husband"
- "they had to put their family pet to sleep"
- a state of inaction
- "a body will continue in a state of rest until acted upon"
- a pause for relaxation
relief, respite, rest period
- "people actually accomplish more when they take time for short rests"
- freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)
ease, relaxation, repose
- "took his repose by the swimming pool"
- have a place in relation to something else
- "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"
- "The responsibility rests with the Allies"
- be inherent or innate in
- be inactive, refrain from acting
- "The committee is resting over the summer"
- put something in a resting position, as for support or steadying
- "Rest your head on my shoulder"
- not move; be in a resting position
- sit, as on a branch
perch, roost, roost
- "The birds perched high in the tree"
- rest on or as if on a pillow
- "pillow your head"
- give a rest to
- "He rested his bad leg"
- "Rest the dogs for a moment"
- take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
breathe, catch one's breath, take a breather
- stay the same; remain in a certain state
- "He remained unmoved by her tears"
- "rest assured"
- "stay alone"
- "The bad weather continued for another week"
- "The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"
- be at rest
Ad-free experience & much more
Tips of essay writing for children
Using simple present tense
Tips to practice grammar effectively
Important words and phrases in Marathi (For beginners)
What is another word for rest ?
Words starting with
What is rest meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase rest refers to a support on which things can be put, or a musical notation indicating a silence of a specified duration, or something left after other parts have been taken away, or euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb), or a state of inaction, or a pause for relaxation, or have a place in relation to something else. See rest meaning in Hindi, rest definition, translation and meaning of rest in Hindi. Find rest similar words, rest synonyms. Also learn rest opposite words, rest antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of rest. Find the answer of what is the meaning of rest in Hindi. देखें rest का हिन्दी मतलब, rest का मीनिंग, rest का हिन्दी अर्थ, rest का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "rest"
What is rest meaning in Hindi, rest translation in Hindi, rest definition, pronunciations and examples of rest in Hindi. rest का हिन्दी मीनिंग, rest का हिन्दी अर्थ, rest का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.