accent - Meaning in Hindi
accent Word Forms & Inflections
accented (verb past tense)
accenting (verb present participle)
accents (verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of accent in English
- a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation.
- the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch).
- "he put the stress on the wrong syllable"
- distinctive manner of oral expression.
- "he couldn't suppress his contemptuous accent"
- "she had a very clear speech pattern"
- the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people.
- "he has a strong German accent"
- "it has been said that a language is a dialect with an army and navy"
- "the immigrants spoke an odd dialect of English"
- special importance or significance.
- "the red light gave the central figure increased emphasis"
- "the room was decorated in shades of grey with distinctive red accents"
- put stress on; utter with an accent.
- "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
- to stress, single out as important.
accentuate, emphasise, emphasize, punctuate, stress
- "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
Synonyms of accent
More matches for accent
Ad-free experience & much more
Learn to pronounce these difficult words in English
About accent in Hindi
See accent meaning in Hindi, accent definition, translation and meaning of accent in Hindi. Find accent similar words, accent synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of accent. Find the answer of what is the meaning of accent in Hindi. देेखें accent का हिन्दी मतलब, accent का मीनिंग, accent का हिन्दी अर्थ, accent का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "accent"
What is accent meaning in Hindi, accent translation in Hindi, accent definition, pronunciations and examples of accent in Hindi. accent का हिन्दी मीनिंग, accent का हिन्दी अर्थ, accent का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.