fall - Meaning in Hindi
fall - Meaning in Hindi
Sorry, exact match is not available in the bilingual dictionary.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of fall in English
- the lapse of mankind into sinfulness because of the sin of Adam and Eve
- "women have been blamed ever since the Fall"
- a sudden drop from an upright position
अचानक गिरना, ...Premium
- "he had a nasty spill on the ice"
- the act of surrendering (usually under agreed conditions)
- "they were protected until the capitulation of the fort"
- the season when the leaves fall from the trees
- "in the fall of 1973"
- the time of day immediately following sunset
crepuscle, crepuscule, dusk, dusk, evenfall, gloam, gloaming, nightfall, twilight
- "he loved the twilight"
- "they finished before the fall of night"
- a downward slope or bend
declension, declination, decline, declivity, descent, downslope
- when a wrestler's shoulders are forced to the mat
- a sudden decline in strength or number or importance
- "the fall of the House of Hapsburg"
- a movement downward
- "the rise and fall of the tides"
- a free and rapid descent by the force of gravity
- "it was a miracle that he survived the drop from that height"
- a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity
dip, dip, drop, free fall
- "a dip in prices"
- "a drop of 57 points on the Dow Jones index"
- "there was a drop in pressure in the pulmonary artery"
- "when that became known the price of their stock went into free fall"
- a lapse into sin; a loss of innocence or of chastity
- "a fall from virtue"
- move in a specified direction
- "The line of men fall forward"
- fall from clouds
come down, precipitate
- "rain, snow and sleet were falling"
- "Vesuvius precipitated its fiery, destructive rage on Herculaneum"
- be inherited by
devolve, pass, pass, return
- "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead"
- "The estate fell to my sister"
- "The land returned to the family"
- fall to somebody by assignment or lot
- "It fell to me to notify the parents of the victims"
- "The task fell to me"
- come into the possession of
- "The house accrued to the oldest son"
- be captured
- "The cities fell to the enemy"
- to be given by assignment or distribution
- "The most difficult task fell on the youngest member of the team"
- "The onus fell on us"
- "The pressure to succeed fell on the youngest student"
- to be given by right or inheritance
- "The estate fell to the oldest daughter"
- lose office or power
- "The government fell overnight"
- "The Qing Dynasty fell with Sun Yat-sen"
- suffer defeat, failure, or ruin
- "fall by the wayside"
- "We must stand or fall"
- yield to temptation or sin
- "Adam and Eve fell"
- lose one's chastity
- "a fallen woman"
- touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly
- "A strange sound struck my ears"
- "Light fell on her face"
- "The light struck the golden necklace"
- "The sun shone on the fields"
- die, as in battle or in a hunt
- "Many soldiers fell at Verdun"
- "Several deer have fallen to the same gun"
- "The shooting victim fell dead"
- be due
- "payments fall on the 1st of the month"
- come under, be classified or included
- "fall into a category"
- "This comes under a new heading"
- slope downward
- "The hills around here fall towards the ocean"
- lose an upright position suddenly
- "Her hair fell across her forehead"
- "The vase fell over and the water spilled onto the table"
- drop oneself to a lower or less erect position
- "He fell to his knees"
- "She fell back in her chair"
- descend in free fall under the influence of gravity
- "The branch fell from the tree"
- "The unfortunate hiker fell into a crevasse"
- move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way
come down, descend, go down
- "Her hand went up and then fell again"
- "The barometer is falling"
- "The curtain fell on the diva"
- "The temperature is going down"
- fall or flow in a certain way
- "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
- "This dress hangs well"
- assume a disappointed or sad expression
- "Her face fell when she heard that she would be laid off"
- "his crest fell"
- be cast down
- "his eyes fell"
- come out; issue
- "silly phrases fell from her mouth"
- be born, used chiefly of lambs
- "The lambs fell in the afternoon"
- begin vigorously
- "The prisoners fell to work right away"
- occur at a specified time or place
- "Christmas falls on a Monday this year"
- "The accent falls on the first syllable"
- go as if by falling
- "Grief fell from our hearts"
- come as if by falling
descend, settle, settle
- "Night fell"
- "Silence fell"
- decrease in size, extent, or range
decrease, diminish, lessen
- "her weight fell to under a hundred pounds"
- "his voice fell to a whisper"
- "The amount of homework decreased towards the end of the semester"
- "The cabin pressure fell dramatically"
- pass suddenly and passively into a state of body or mind
- "fall asleep"
- "Fall in love"
- "fall into a strange way of thinking"
- "fall into a trap"
- "fall prey to an imposter"
- "She fell ill"
- "she fell to pieces after she lost her work"
- "They fell out of favor"
Ad-free experience & much more
Types of nouns
Difference between Voice and Speech in Grammar
What is another word for fall ?
Words starting with
What is fall meaning in Hindi?
The word or phrase fall refers to the lapse of mankind into sinfulness because of the sin of Adam and Eve, or a sudden drop from an upright position, or the act of surrendering (usually under agreed conditions), or the season when the leaves fall from the trees, or the time of day immediately following sunset, or a downward slope or bend, or move in a specified direction. See fall meaning in Hindi, fall definition, translation and meaning of fall in Hindi. Find fall similar words, fall synonyms. Also learn fall opposite words, fall antonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of fall. Find the answer of what is the meaning of fall in Hindi. देखें fall का हिन्दी मतलब, fall का मीनिंग, fall का हिन्दी अर्थ, fall का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "fall"
What is fall meaning in Hindi, fall translation in Hindi, fall definition, pronunciations and examples of fall in Hindi. fall का हिन्दी मीनिंग, fall का हिन्दी अर्थ, fall का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.